Scam alert!!!

I had a potential client contact me by email. It is a scam.

mark_pil@yahoo.com

Here are his messages.

Hello,

This is mark,i will like to know if you available for the home inspection of the new house that i just purchase for my mother and what area do you serve then do you accept credit card payment too.

Thanks,i will be expecting your reply back asap.

Thanks for your reply back…I have hearing impaired that is why am using via e-mail to contact you now,i just brought the house for my mum and i want all the house inspection service done because have be looking for a good Home Inspectors and can you go into the house for the inspection.

(Full House Home Inspection: 4,000 square feet and Maintenance Inspections with Written Report)

Let me know so that i can alert the former house owner to have the house keys deliver to you,also need a little favor from you because haven’t payment the balance up fees for the house which is sum of $1500 to balance up and i will be expecting your reply back asap.

Thanks.

Okay fine,the favor is that am going to give you my card to charge the sum of $2000 you will deduct the sum of $500 as inspection service deposit and send the remaining $1500 to the former house owner for me via western union money transfer because the former house owner want to accept cash for the remaining balance and you can locate a western union money transfer outlet nearest your place…i want you to know that they will send the key to you and you can go there for the inspection service then can you give me your FULL NAME, OFFICE ADDRESS, CELL PHONE NUMBER for the house owner to send the house keys to your office immediately they receive their balance.

They can make the key to the house available for you to write the estimate inspection service and once you the inspection service done you can e-mail the report because i want to know the work to be done in the house before my family move inside the house,am asking for this favor due to my disability and am at the hospital to undergo surgery in 1 week time that why am asking for the favor.

Thanks.

Me no English good am I because job of freak me be to gets the money from man who silly is inspect the report house.

Legit sounds me .

Oh. I saw the title of this thread and thought I was going to find a link to ASHI’s membership application. :wink:

Nick, tell the truth. You were looking to see if you could get another T-shirt. :wink:

LOL.

I got a really nice T-shirt for you Nick if you meet me in** Bull** Ring at the end of the month.:mrgreen:

Anytime you see a request for a Western Union transfer, you can bet it’s a scam. Western Union transactions are the same as cash - no records, no names, non-traceable and no recourse.

The credit card transaction will be reversed when the issuing company catches the fraudulent charge, and you will be out the cash you transferred through WU.

You are the 4th or 5th member to post this on the message board. Hope our information wasn’t sold on some list.

Your information is on a zillion InterNACHI lists that are public including www.FindanInspector.us , www.InspectorNow.com , www.InspectorSEEK.com , www.InspectorLocator.com, and Find Certified Home Inspectors Near You - InterNACHI® , etc.
%between%

Myles Browns brownsmyles@gmail.com

These are all of their responses

Hello
This is Myles Brown,i will like to know if you are available for Home Inspection service i just bought a house and i want the Home Inspection done.Would also like to know if you do accept all major type of credit card for payments would have love to call you but am hearing impaired …Hope to read from you soon and thanks for your time…

Thanks for your response here’s the address i just acquired a home on (9722 45th Ave NE,Seattle, WA 98115) its a 2 bedroom and a living room 1 kitchen 1 bathroom and the square of the house is 800 sqft so i need you to give me the price for the Home Inspection of the house and i want you to know that you are going by next week to start the work at the house because that’s when the person that sold the house for me will be back from his Family. so he can hand over the keys of the house to you so you can start your work Will you be able to do that for me ?I need a rough estimation from you. Please do provide me with the total cost for of the two rooms and a living room one kitchen, i will be very happy if you can do a good job for me thanks.

I am okay with the Full Inspection which is stated for $420 am okay with it i will also like to know the merchant you use to process my credit card so i can make down payment now…

Okay i also need a little favor from you and i will be very happy if you can help me out.

I believe that you will deliver a good job for me regarding the House. I would so appreciate you start by nextweek Friday but the Ex owner will not drop the key of the house as i still have a little sum to balance him which is $1,150.56 This is happening because there were some changes in the house that cost the Ex owner more money than initially agreed.would have handled it myself but i am in South Korea in preparation for the world summit coming up march between 27th-31st 2017 as one of the delegates. Would need you to me bill my credit card for $1,150.56 which you will help me send the Ex owner fee to him through cash deposit ( B.O.A bank) outlet nearest to you immediately the funds clear into your account So that he can make the keys available for you to start on scheduled date and also a $50 tip for credit card charges if necessary .I will be very happy if you can do this for me.

Are you willing to help me with the favor

I get these every once in a while as well. I decided to respond to this poor, hearing-imparied individual in need of a home inspection…

Dear Charles,

Being a suspicious since the beginning, I was able to get you to continue to respond to me. My son works for the US government in their international fraud department. He was able to ping your ISP and ultimately your location and we have turned your information file over to the FTC and Interpol. I have been assured that the authorities are enroute to your location as I type this (I waited to hear from them before emailing you).

By the way, I talked to the current owner of the home (not you). They informed me that they do not have a contract on the home nor know anyone named Charles or Greg who has been interested in the home.

How about getting a real job and earning a legitimate wage?

I have been approached with the similar scam yesterday here in Florida from a Devin Scott. After further exam, I found that the home is sale by owner with no contact. Definately fishy when they ask to launder money for them. NG.

• Thanks for the quote. I am OK with the quote and i would have everything put in place for the inspection,first of all i will like
    you to know that the house if for sale by the owner and not by Realtor,I will like you to know the house is still occupied and it will be vacant next weekend,I want you to know that the caretaker will bring the key to you and you can go there for the inspection,i need you to send me your full name and office address and a valid phone number as requested by the caretaker he would need it to contact you to schedule the inspection and get the house keys to your office immediately they receive their balance,I will like to know what kind of credit cards you accept for payment so i can make the payment asap,I would have to seek a little favor from you and i would be happy if you can be able to grant me the favor i seek from you.Due to my present health condition,i would provide you my credit card details for you to charge for the total cost of the service and also i would like you to charge an extra sum of $ which would be sent to the caretaker who would take care of getting utilities transferred over, termite contract for the house,I am sorry if i am asking for too much but i would have forwarded the balance to him myself but i am held down with health issues right now and am still at the hospital and the seller stated he wants the balance by bank transfer that’s why i am seeking your favor on this,i would be willing to compensate you if you can assist me on this.

Your urgent response would be appreciated.**

I was contacted by “Devin Scott” today as well, my email was the same as the one you received.

Had the same thing happen but from a Desmond Nicols. Very clearly a scam from the start. The home he was “buying” had no offers according to the listing agent.

But hey, at least we know someone found our names on a list, and if these idiots can do it, so can legit customers.

Hey gang

You can report these folks by forwarding the e-mail to spam@uce.gov. If we keep reporting them, maybe they will lay off the inspectors. We don’t ever accept inspections if they don’t give us a phone number so we can talk directly to them.

Mike Mallinger, CMI,
Peak View Inspections, LLC

I was just contacted today from someone using this same scam. Thanks for posting because I read this before and she hit a red flag. I’m in East Lansing Michigan they gave me a valid address asked me to charge more on the card then my services for everyone else. Screenshot 4/11/17.

I got a text today:

“Good Day, Am Dennis Wilson ,i would like to know if you do Home inspection service and what do you accept credit card for the payment ?”

I sent him my Social Security number and checking account and routing numbers.

Hope I did the right thing…

Number three in the past month.
Hello, Thanks for your swift response. I am hearing impaired and am scheduled for surgery soon, i would like us to communicate via email. I am hiring you on my behalf of my mother new house and i want all the house house inspection done because have be looking for a good Home Inspector and can you go into the house and write me an estimate quote for the inspection. (Full House Home Inspection: full square feet and Maintenance Inspections with Written Report) Let me know so that i can alert the Ex-house owner to have the house keys send to your office, Can you give me your office address & Cellphone number. Also need a little favor from you because haven’t balance up their remaining fees for the house which is sum of $3000 to balance up and the types of credit cards that you accept and the total cost for the service too. I will be waiting to read from you as soon as possible. -------------------------------------------- On Fri, 6/2/17, George Adair <inspector@rampartinspections.ca> wrote: Subject: Re: home To: “Martin John” <mar_john002@yahoo.com> Date: Friday, June 2, 2017, 5:08 AM

Dang! that guy must buy a lot of houses. I’m working with him right now. I’m waiting for the address of the property and for them to mail me the keys.