Small Business Saturday, AMEN

The character and conscience of small business built this nation. You know, in his book, Wealth and Poverty,'' George Gilder wrote something about entrepreneurs that I've long believed. He said that,Most contribute far more to society than they ever recover, and most of them win no riches at all. They are the heroes of economic life, and those who begrudge them their rewards demonstrate a failure to understand their role and their promise.’’

Well, wouldn’t it be nice to hear a little more about the forgotten heroes of America – those who create most of our new jobs, like the owners of stores down the street; the faithfuls who support our churches, synagogues, schools, and communities; the brave men and women everywhere who produce our goods, feed a hungry world, and keep our families warm while they invest in the future to build a better America? That’s where miracles are made, not in Washington, D.C.

We hear so much about the greed of business. Well, frankly, I’d like to hear a little more about the courage, generosity, and creativity of business. I’d like to hear it pointed out that entrepreneurs don’t have guaranteed annual incomes. Before they can turn a profit, they must anticipate and deliver what consumers want. They must risk their money with investments.

The truth is, before entrepreneurs can take, they must give. And business begins with giving. And I believe business works best, creates the greatest wealth, and produces the most progress for all when we’re free to follow the teachings of Scripture: Give and you will be given unto . . . search and you will find . . . cast your bread upon the waters and it will return to you manyfold.

President Reagan 1986"

And please support your local organic farmer or CSA. Death to Monsanto and their sterile crop seeds that put the whole world at risk. Apparently they never heard of the Great Potato Famine. Buy at an organic farmers market on Saturday.

George I can tell you gone far you’re going to go much further. God bless you brother have a great night.

I am a cattle farmer myself but I also purchase a weekly fruit and veg supply on a contract from a local organic farmer. Get a select basket each week of what is in season delivered right to my door. Got turnips, potatoes and walnuts this week !!! The only way to go , we agree on a weekly fee ahead of time and they grow with working capital. It’s a great deal and it keeps them growing

Me too. I belong to two CSAs. I also own shares in an organic dairy which allows me to legally drink raw milk.