Thoughts from Thomas Sowell

Like so many people, in so many countries, who started out to “spread the wealth,” Barack Obama has ended up spreading poverty.

Have you ever heard anyone as incoherent as the people staging protests across the country? Taxpayers ought to be protesting against having their money spent to educate people who end up unable to say anything beyond repeating political catch phrases.

It is hard to understand politics if you are hung up on reality. Politicians leave reality to others. What matters in politics is what you can get the voters to believe, whether it bears any resemblance to reality or not.

I saw a woman in TV the other day complaining she couldn’t find a job even though she had a Masters Degree in Geography. Yes…a Masters in Geography. If it takes you 6 years to master geography, maybe that’s why you can’t find a job! Saw another lady complaining that she couldn’t find a job anywhere in her chosen field, grief counselor. I wanted to tell her I had a hard time getting gigs as a gynecologist…I had to adapt.

Unless they are independently wealthy, people need to attend school with the aim of finding employment. A college education, and they are still an idiot.

Over 80% of these protesters have jobs already. What they are really protesting about is that they have to work to get money. All of their friends are getting entitlements because they have no job. These 80% who have jobs do not want a job, and want the same hand-outs as their friends have, so they do not have to work.

I vote for Herman Cain. 30 minute speech is the best I have heard this year.

http://www.c-spanvideo.org/program/301956-5