U.S. News article on choosing a home inspector recommends InterNACHI membership.

Checking to make sure the inspector is a member of an association such as InterNACHI is the first of seven questions you should ask the inspector.

http://money.usnews.com/money/blogs/my-money/2014/04/27/7-questions-to-ask-when-choosing-a-home-inspector

nice!

Good post, good to be a InterNACHI member:cool:

I count three.

the National Association of Home Inspectors, the American Society of Home Inspectors or the International Association of Certified Home Inspectors.

No comparison: And by looking at membership numbers, it appears every inspector who joins an association these days… does the same comparison and chooses InterNACHI.

My friends on ASHI’s Board of Directors secretly informed me that in 2014 they’ve even stopped listing their membership numbers in their monthly ASHI Reporter. This is the first time they’ve ever done this since they started publishing it. They had to because they lost so many of their members to InterNACHI it became embarrassing. Anyway, they’re going to continue hemorrhaging members to InterNACHI. They won’t be able to reverse that trend.

As for the other mini association, it has less than 300 due-paying members total. Fewer inspectors than our Denver chapter. And members of that husband-wife run org are essentially too dumb to inspect. Their members pay dues year after year and get nothing in return. Their membership benefits page is hilarious. The first benefit on their benefits page is education, but says they “arrange” for education, they don’t have any of their own. LOL. The second benefit says "Coming soon. I swear, I’m not making this up, the second benefit listed on their benefits page truly says “Coming soon.” LOL. I know you think I’m making this up, so here, I’ll post it directly from their benefits page:

LOL.

The third benefit says to “do it yourself.” LOL. Their “CONNECTIONS” benefit (Yes, it’s listed as one of their few member benefits) made me laugh so hard I almost died. I couldn’t even breath. LMAO. Here, I’ll post it:

LOL. Sorry, I can barely type I’m laughing again so hard that tears are rolling down my face. They count Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn as member benefits. OMG. And for their marketing training benefit, they instruct their members to go join Mike Crow’s group. I swear, it’s on their member benefits page.

Their message board has a total of 12 posts. Again, I’m not making this up… seriously… 12 posts. I’m not joking.

It’s really over.

www.nachi.org/benefits.htm

I have never even heard of them.
Have not heard much about NAHI lately either.