Warning: Feds confiscated my gold. I got it back... for now.

I’ve owned this mining claim for many years. Mysteriously, just after I discover a huge deposit of gold, the Bureau of Land Management decided to go back years to try and find a defect in my claim. Then without so much as a hearing, they sent me a certified letter telling me my claim is “forfeited” and they are taking over the mine.

After demonstrating that the claim I filed was defect free, and after threatening to get an injunction to stop them, today, they reversed their decision and reinstated my claim. :smiley:

I’m pleased I got my mine returned to me, but think about it. The government initially confiscated it without a court order, warrant, or due process. Note to self: Close my safe deposit box… it’s not safe.

Why does this story not surprise me.

The federal government is out of real money, and I’m not talking about those little pieces of paper with faces on them, that they keep printing.

Welcome to the Obamanation.
You will be assimilated
Resistance is futile.
Thank you kindly and have a nice day . . . . .

LMAO…I have become one of those old people I made fun of. I actually keep money hidden in places. Not a TON, but enough to get me by for a while. I don’t trust ANYTHING anymore. I don’t even trust my bank.

I am sure as I get older my paranoia will get stronger and I will be one of those people when they die they will cut open my mattress and my life savings will be there.

Congrats on the reclaiming of the claim…

Does that offer still stand that we can come down and mine for gold? Keep what we find?..LMAO…and exactly where is this mine…

Russ I’m with you on the trust thing. My Dad lived through the depression and then later in life had his Airport taken by eminent domain and made into the city Airport. He’s 91 and still living out of cash he hide in mason jars. My Mom says he wont even tell her. LOL He’s a smart guy.

Sounds like a good weekend camping trip with the guys… :wink:

“Hope & Change”.

Enough said !!!

Ask them if they have ever read this:

Fifth Amendment – due process, double jeopardy, self-incrimination, eminent domain.
No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

Impeach Obama

be careful…once they get you in their sites they rarely give up until they find something.

I probably would have tried to sell it to them but keep the mineral rights.

8-Hummmmmmm…

Maybe I should change my strategy!?

Not hide money and guns they intent to come and get, in the same hole?!! :cyclops:

I’m willing to help out David.

Send me the money and I’ll hide it for you.:wink:

OK! That should mess them up!!! :wink:

Just something to remember. I did a work/study project while in college with the IRS. One of the things they always kept track of was that small deduction for a safe deposit box. NEVER but NEVER take that deduction. Uncle Sam IS watching and taking notes. So you know.

Send it a brown wrapper.:wink:

Like I am stupid! I have been sending all my money to Mike Larson and he has been hiding it for me…I am no dummy!:shock:

He hides it so well, even you can’t find it!! Right?! :slight_smile:

I have a great idea! You send me “yours” and I’ll send you “mine”; when it arrives…

They won’t know “who’s is who’s”!!

Man, what a plan!

Anyone else want to get in on this??

Shhhhhhhh!