Go Back   InterNACHI Inspection Forum > General Inspection Topics > Miscellaneous Discussion for Inspectors

Notices

Miscellaneous Discussion for Inspectors Discuss whatever you wish in this forum.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 6/29/14, 10:19 PM
InterNACHI Member

Default Water Testing

Does InterNachi have a water testing course? I looked through the courses and did not see one. If not where do I get information for obtaining samples and sending them for tests?
Need a home inspection in Montana? Check out InterNACHI's listing of Montana certified home inspectors. Or, find a home inspector anywhere in the world with our inspection search engine.
Old 6/29/14, 11:18 PM
InterNACHI Member

Default Re: Water Testing

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmotes View Post
Does InterNachi have a water testing course? I looked through the courses and did not see one. If not where do I get information for obtaining samples and sending them for tests?
Contact your local state licensed water quality testing laboratory. They will have a sample collecting protocol sheet and the sterile bottles to use. Talk to them. Tell them what you want to do and ask for their help. They are helpful, typically, as they appreciate your business. You take samples of water and they test water for different things depending on what your client wants. Ask the lab for a price list of different offerings. Don't forget to ask they how long the different test take to get results back, as some are longer than others and you want to make sure your client knows the time frame in advance.

They can fax/email the results sheet direct to you and you can forward to the client.

InterNachi Awards Portal: http://co.nachi.org/inachiawards/

Larry Kage, CMI
whis11 @ charter.net
The above post represents my personal opinion.

Last edited by lkage; 6/29/14 at 11:22 PM..
Old 6/30/14, 9:01 AM
InterNACHI Member

Default Re: Water Testing

Thank You