Coming soon. How to Perform Wind Mitigation Inspections book.

http://www.nachi.org/wind-mitigation-book.htm

I look forward to it.

Yaaaahooooooo

Me too…

Great Job! Looking forward to it.

Good Job! Looking forward to it! ;-):wink:

I would like to see it as well
thanks Nick

Well, to be useful in Florida you might want to wait for the Office of Insurance Regulation’s update of the B1-1802 form before going to ink. :smiley:

No kidding, the way that form is now looking nobody is going to get any discounts anymore. Get this my insurance carrier was going to cancel my policy because they thought my roof was 12 years old. It is only 6 so they backed off. Since when is a 12 year old asphault shingle roof due for replacement though? We typically get 15 to 18 in my area of florida. It is spiraling out of control.

I’m a licensed general contractor in Fl.and have been doing these inspections since the inception. if i can be of any help let me know. we need to have our A game when the inspections are in the high velocity wind zones. for example i read a post a while back that stated that glass block was considered as a masonry unit and need not be protected. In the h.v.w.z. as defined in the florida building code glass block is considered a cladding and if unprotected must have product approval compling with either the large or small missile test according to which of the 3 h.v.w.z. zones that it is in. the gable end bracing, and the clearnce of window protection to glazing as well as mounting hardware changes from zone too zone as well

This is why we need something in print. The rules have changed many times(not the code). Please remember an insurance inspection is not a code inspection :nachi:

Mark, Maybe I can send you Vero and PSL inspections.

Pretty windy up here in Canada…

And what is the minimum roof sheathing requirement in florida for areas with 100mph wind speeds? Why is 7/16" on the new form? It is DEFINATELY not a code inspection. It isn’t anything that makes sense to me. There will never be anything that even remotely describes how this form is to be filled out coming from OIR in writing. That’s my two cents on the subject.

SOOOO when you said coming soon… what exactly did you mean by that?

Been done. It just keeps changing like our free, online Wind Mitigation course to keep up with the changes in regulations and approved forms: http://www.nachi.org/wind-mitigation-inspection-course.htm

In addition to the content already contained in the NACHI and York training material, which are similar, I would recommend you gather real world information from the most experienced wind mitigation inspectors to cover as many of the gray areas as possible, including case study examples. Simply putting what is the current training, IMO will not be sufficient to make this a valuable reference.

I would also suggest NACHI, as a certified educator set up or pay a consultant to formally field and answer questions from inspectors on this message board. Uniformity and accuracy will be the only thing that will gain respect for NACHI inspectors performing wind mitigations.

Of course you did. What do you do work 400 hours a week?
You are doing a great job!

Cool, these will make good reference manuals to carry in the truck.

:DGood now we can say “I did it because InterNACHI says so.”

Thanks for taking on the responsibility and the liability.

I hope you are ready to re-write it every year, you may want to include a auto-updated digital version.

Have it already, it’s our free, online course: How to Perform Wind Mitigation Inspections Course - InterNACHI®