****ing *** Holes...

Malicious E-mail Uses BBB’s Name

12/09/11
Malicious E-mail Continues to
Circulate in BBB’s Name

[December 9, 2011 - Nashville, TN] BBB is warning businesses to beware of a new malicious e-mail that pretends to be from BBB about a complaint filed against the company.

This week alone, BBB has received numerous calls from businesses throughout Middle Tennessee who have reported receiving the suspicious e-mail that has come from a variety of email address, such as risk@bbb.org, service@bbb.org, or risk.manager@bbb.org with the subject line “BBB Service Re: Complaint #” followed by an eight to nine-digit number. Both BBB Accredited and non-Accredited businesses have been targeted.

The body of the e-mail states, “Hello,
The Better Business Bureau has been filed [sic] the above-referenced complaint from one of your clients on the subject of their business relations with you.
The details of the consumer’s concern are presented in enclosed file.
Please review this case and advise us of your point of view.
Please click here to reply this complaint…”

Because the message is fraudulent, BBB advises any business that receives this e-mail to take the following steps:

Do not click on any links or reply to the message,
Forward the message to phishing@council.bbb.org,
Completely delete the message from your inbox, and
Run a full virus scan on ALL your computers if you did click on any links.
If you receive an e-mail from Better Business Bureau about a complaint filed against your business and need assistance in determining whether or not it is legitimate, contact your local BBB directly at 615.242.4222.

For more advice on how to protect your business from malicious online attacks and data breaches visit www.bbb.org/data-security/

A copy of the actual scam e-mail is below:

===============================================================

Date: December 8, 2011 5:49:39 AM EST
To:
Subject: Re: BBB Case # 59757521

Hello,
The Better Business Bureau has been filed the above-referenced complaint from one of your clients on the subject of their business relations with you.
The details of the consumer’s concern are presented in enclosed file.
Please review this case and advise us of your point of view.
Please click here to reply this complaint.

We look forward to your urgent response.

Yours faithfully,
Stacie Nieves
Better Business Bureau

===============================================================

#

Ooops, by the title of this thread, I thought you were referring to the PIPA / SOPA sponsors.

I am also getting “Black Screens” when at the NACHI site stating “This is what the Internet could look like…”
Is this PIPA/SOPA ?

I afraid to click on anything these days…

LOL. Most everyone is protesting today. Check out www.google.com

at least there “in the black”!

tried going to google, just taken straight to google canada, typed in .com and taken again to canadian site, what is google.com doing?

I got one of those BBB “complaints”. Of course, I was immediately suspicious since everyone loves me.

Then I noticed the bizarre syntax and deleted it.

On the sites that are “dark” to protest SOPA and PIPA, simply hit “ESC” before the page loads.

The protest was successful, though. Makes you wonder why we can’t get rid of these Communists in the Senate and the White House.

As Joe says …you can usually spot them by the use of words.

( if they ever learn to be the English language greatly ) we are in trouble.