New York State Continuing Education

Do the hourly credits taken online qualify for New York State Continuing education credits?

No they don’t.

A real shame. The courses that Ben and his staff have produced are better then the majority of pay for CU courses currently approved by the state. I hope that they are looking for approval.

[QUOTE]
A real shame. The courses that Ben and his staff have produced are better then the majority of pay for CU courses currently approved by the state. I hope that they are looking for approval.
[

We are not. The Attorney General’s office of NY told us that unless inspectors FROM NEW YORK complain that online courses aren’t approved, they will never be approved. It’s up to members in NY now.](“http://www.nachi.org/forum/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=1029895”)

I will be sending off a letter and e-mail’s this weekend. I hope all New York inspectors do the same.

Just read your old post and wanted to know if anything ever came of it . If you can tell other members what they can do to help with the cause would love to see this happen let me know if I can help

We’ve been told by the Attorneys General Office of New York that there is almost no demand from inspectors to have their office approve online continuing education. I’ve been told that the office can count the number of letters they’ve received on one hand. It’s up to members now.

Is there anyway we can start a joint mailing campaign from all New York members, or maybe a we could try to have all members write letters starting with New York and then continuing to all states ( a pre printed form that members can print out and just sign then mail in ) is this something that can be done through Inter Nachi

They’d know it is being centrally orchestrated. It’s really up to individual members at this point.

I have contacted Senator Andrew Lanza regarding this issue. His office staffer called me back and said the Senator has concidered following up but that was several months ago.

It is more complicated than anyone thinks, as there needs to be a change in the law to allow any of this to happen.

After the law is changed, the DOS would likely take a long time to approve modality, course structures, and start to consider courses and providers.

If passed tomorrow, the process would likely take two years before the first course would be on-line.

But, if there is no interest, then there is no incentive. With all of the problems in Ny State, this would likely be on the back burner for a very long time.

I believe you can download the following application to request for Continuing Education equivalency credit for a New York Home Inspection License based on out-of-state education not approved by the NYS Department of State Division of Licensing Services.

No?

New York Home Inspection CE Equivalency Submission Form PDF

I am a NY approved home inspector instructor.