NH coalition

TO ALL HOME INSPECTORS WHO DO BUSINESS IN NEW HAMPSHIRE.doc (22.5 KB)

to all NH members, this was passed along to me and asked
of me to forward it.

it is very inportant, as it has been for all NH members to be involved
in this issue.

I feel that NH inspectors should watch for legislative hearings relative
to licensing and go and speak your personal thoughts, regardless of
whether you agree with licensing or not. It is important for our legislators
to hear thoughts from all mind sets for them to make the right decisions
for their constituants

I will continue to update the membership with legislative issues as
they arise.

CJ

Carla,

Are you a member of the NH coalition?

Are you in favor of licensing?

Given the two factions (three actually, if you count the former attempt at licensing by Harry Gale), which do you support?

Were you at the last coalition meeting?

It appears as if the sole purpose of the coalition is to defeat current bill. While it may not be perfect, it is miles ahead of what ASHI typically proposes. Its miles ahead of what was previously proposed.

Funny thing about this coalition… they only formed after NACHI chapter members were successful in defeating ASHIs last attempt at controlling your profession in NH, and putting forward a competing bill.

Before that, there was no coalition speaking against unfair legislation.

If you know who these folks are, would you be so kind as to post their name and association affilliation, so we have a clear picture of who they are and what they may represent? We can start with the top three individuals on this coalition.

Joe,

Certainly, Carla would not be trying (again) to revive the ASHI efforts to lead in NH. After the humiliating debacle with (former) Rep Gale, I’m sure that she has just innocently come across some information that she thought might be of interest.

Her interest in working toward legislation will certainly and eventually lead her to join in with the efforts of the NH NACHI Chapter who have already taken the lead and have laid the groundwork for that to happen. She is a NACHI member, not an ASHI sabatouer looking to further the interests of that association over her own. Right Carla?

Besides, I think that the effort to highlight this “coalition” was already initiated and immediately/prudently abandoned by our ED.

Jim,

I wasnt intimating that Carla is in any way supporting or in opposition to either bill. I was wondering if she was a member of the coalition, and if she knew who heads it. Remember, the coalition stands in opposition to the NACHI bill, not because they oppose legislation, but because they want to re-introduce such things as the NHIE.

4 inspectors and 1 civilian on a licensing board spells disaster, IMO. This is especially true when the board has the final say.

As I recall, the head of this coalition may indeed be the leader of NH ASHI. Did I hear things wrong? Wasnt this the same groul that helped craft the last failed bill?

Exactly. It explains why ASHI would wish to lead such a “coalition” and present the illusion that they represent interests other than their own.

Maybe it’s wishful thinking, but I want to believe that no member of our own association would ever team up with ASHI to fight for their agenda over that of the NH NACHI Chapter members.

Now, if she were leading a fight against legislation…period…I’m sure she would find some takers. But picking up the ASHI flag as an alternative to the NACHI bill…tell us it just isn’t so, Carla.

Joe!

I know that you addressed these questions to Carla, but since I know that Carla is largely clueless and that she did not even bother to attend this “Important Meeting” I thought that I would p[FONT=Verdana]rovide the answer as to who the TOP THREE players are. [/FONT]

Here is my answer to Carla’s letter…….

FROM CARLA HORNE.

[QUOTE:]

TO ALL HOME INSPECTORS WHO DO BUSINESS IN NEW HAMPSHIRE.doc](http://www.nachi.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=7476&d=1165153789)
[FONT=Verdana]to all NH members, this was passed along to me and asked
of me to forward it.

Carla,
You state that you were asked to “Forward It.” Did you ever stop to ask who, or even why, someone asked you to forward this? Who is behind this message? The answer……The ASHI coalition.

Bye the way Carla, this message was sent to the NACHI New Hampshire E-Mail list.
IT IS VERY INTERESTING THAT YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE TO POST THIS ON THE NACHI BB!

it is very inportant, as it has been for all NH members to be involved
in this issue.
If it so important why didn’t you go to this ASHI meeting? I DID!

I feel that NH inspectors should watch for legislative hearings relative
to licensing and go and speak your personal thoughts, regardless of
whether you agree with licensing or not.
I went to the State House 22-times. You went to less than half! I and other NH Home Inspectors formed a New Hampshire Grass Roots coalition with both ASHI and NACHI members to fight House Bill 642.

We held one and sometimes even two meetings to every one of theirs. I made over 300 –phone calls and sent out over 700- e-mails. The majority of the Grass Roots coalition members did the same. The NH Grass Roots Coalition and I fought the ASHIFIED House Bill 642 for 17-long months.
We won! Now the “Coalition” is trying to resurrect this old bill or at the very least water down the new bill.
All items that they want to interject are on found on the ASHI National Home Inspectors “Model Law”.
DON’T TAKE MY WORD FOR IT! Take the time to look it up. You will see that I am right.

It is important for our legislators to hear thoughts from all mind sets for them to make the right decisions for their constituants
The “mind set” of this coalition is an ASHI mind set.

I will continue to update the membership with legislative issues as
they arise.
This “update” is advertising an ASHI coalition, on the NACHI BB.

CJ

Carla,
Before YOU RESPOND IN ANGER and say something foolish like “This is not an ASHI collation” let me tell you who the players are.

The initial invitation was sent out by Walter Perry who I have personally met and who is.
**EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF ASHI **NEW ENGLAND

Those who attended the meeting were;
Robert McDonald **ASHI President **{Lives In Maine}
Certifications / Memberships
► Certified Member of ASHI
(American Society of Home Inspectors)
Founding Member of NNEC-ASHI
(Northern New EnglandChapter of ASHI)
President of NNEC-ASHI (2004-2007)

Joseph Bates, SomersworthNH. **ASHI Immediate Past President
Certifications / Memberships **
► Certified Member of ASHI #202429
(Northern New England Chapter of ASHI)
President of NNEC-ASHI (2001-2004)

( Northern New England Chapter of ASHI)

David Roth, Hollis NH. **ASHI, Vice President **

Donald Lovering Wellesley Massachusetts, **ASHI **
Past President of ASHI New England2002 &2003. Past ASHI National Membership Chair2003 & 2004.

Larry Burbe, Nashua NH **ASHI **

John Turner, Goffstown NH ASHI

Norman Field, Chester NH. ASHI

Ken Bernier, Manchester **ASHI **

Jason Massicotte, NACHI {Employee of Ken B.}

Tim Rooney, Exeter NH. **ASHI **

And last but not least;
Frank Carrio , President, New Hampshire State Chapter {NACHI}
NACHI, State Representative for Legislative Affairs

So once again, way to go Carla!

You are posting a notice by an ASHI coalition that is promoting an ASHI agenda.

For those who would say that the above listed ASHI members are not promoting an ASHI agenda, I say this….If it looks like a duck …. walks like a duck ……and Quacks like a duck …… you can bet that no matter how loud and strenuous the ***denials ***…… it is STILL a duck!

Carla, Need I remind you……

1. Duty to the Profession and NACHI

The NACHI member shall assist the NACHI leadership in disseminating and publicizing the benefits of ***NACHI ***membership.
The NACHI member will not engage in any act or practice that could be deemed damaging, seditious or destructive ***to NACHI, ***

***Carla, Please Note: ***
John Bowman had already posted a notice about the first ASHI coalition meeting, He was asked to “Cease and Desist” and he did.

WITH ALL DUE RESPECT, I am asking that you do the same.

Warmest Regards,

Frank M. Carrio Sr.
[/FONT]

[quote=jbushart]
Joe,

Certainly, Carla would not be trying (again) to revive the ASHI efforts to lead in NH. After the humiliating debacle with (former) Rep Gale, I’m sure that she has just innocently come across some information that she thought might be of interest.

Her interest in working toward legislation will certainly and eventually lead her to join in with the efforts of the NH NACHI Chapter who have already taken the lead and have laid the groundwork for that to happen. She is a NACHI member, not an ASHI sabatouer looking to further the interests of that association over her own. Right Carla?

Besides, I think that the effort to highlight this “coalition” was already initiated and immediately/prudently abandoned by our ED./quote]

WORTH REPEATING:
***Carla, Please Note: ***
John Bowman had already posted a notice about the first ASHI coalition meeting, He was asked to “Cease and Desist” and he did.

WITH ALL DUE RESPECT, I am asking that you do the same.

Warmest Regards,

Frank M. Carrio Sr.

Joe,
You are 100% Correct!
Mr. McDonald and Mr. Bates were the authors of the defeated House Bill 642.

Robert McDonald **ASHI President **{Lives In Maine}
Certifications / Memberships
► Certified Member of ASHI
President of NNEC-ASHI (2004-2007)

Joseph Bates, SomersworthNH. ASHI Immediate Past President
Certifications / Memberships **
► Certified Member of ASHI #202429
(Northern New England Chapter of ASHI)
President of NNEC-ASHI (2001-2004)**
( Northern New England Chapter of ASHI)

You’re in luck, Frank.

The same people supporting the ASHI measure are the same people who supported the (now defunct) Gale Bill. Looks like you can expect another victory.

Changing their name is not going to accomplish anything. It only makes them look suspect.

This is a good bill, and does nothing to harm ASHI.

They of all people should support it.