NSA ends bulk phone data collection today.

Congratulations to world hero Edward Snowden.

It will be interesting to see how history treats him.

He did a great service to the people of this country by exposing secret government abridgement of the Constitutionally protected rights of the citizens of this country at great personal cost to himself.

Unfortunately, it is the hero and not the villains who is at risk of being imprisoned.

“**NSA ends bulk phone data collection today.”
Or so they say! They probably just handed the function off to some other obscure agency. :roll:

HEY NSA CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW? :wink:

Yea I’m pretty sure the new facility they built in Utah (?) which can hold 1000 years of all internet traffic is still going strong.

Absolutely nothing is private anymore. They track your car. They track your cell phone. They track your TV and internet usage. Nothing. All large corporations track everything any employee does. NSA, government, nothing can no longer stop any company from tracking anything.

Just read your disclaimer on your cable, internet, satellite radio, cell phone agreement, etc. etc.

Mr. Farnsworth,

You have been tracked and reported to the Tracking Bureau. Please report to the reindoctrination center for further instructions. Do not try to run, do not try to hide WE ARE TRACKING YOU!

LOL. Yeah, even NACHI tracks us, and our message board postings end up on google searches.

I have bridge in Brooklyn for sale .

Don’t forget your smart electric meter.

LOL

So tell me, what kind of hero runs first to China to hide then to Russia for asylum, which they denied his sorry a s s?

What kind of hero is it that after being trusted, gives state secrets to the media, China and Russia? Edward Snowden was a God send to isis and terroists worlwide.

Snowden’s clearly an anarchist and traitor. Those who endorse him are just as dangerous

Edward Snowden is a traitor of the United States, has put countless American lives at risk and has cost the American Tax Payer millions if not billions in lost intelligence capabilities, and if he ever does return to the US needs to be tried for treason and beyond doubt would be found guilty as he has already proven himself to be.

What kind of person runs to a foreign country that we are told is so bad that they oppress their own people and treat them less than human? The kind that fears their own government! Sad that an American has to fear their own government regardless of what they do bad or even good. Unfortunately many Americans that do even good fear their own government.

Can you elaborate on how specifically Snowden “put countless American lives at risk”? As for costing “American Taxpayers millions if not billions in lost intelligence capabilities” can you also elaborate with specifics on that? Or are these statements just rhetoric from years of indoctrination? Don’t feel bad since we have all been through the indoctrination.

Here is a question for you to think of. What is the difference between a Western Democracy and a tyrannical oligarchy? Think long and hard on that but the answer is very simple!

Yea, just rhetoric from years of indoctrination. :roll:

And I think you meant to say criminals run from their own government. Criminals also hide from their own government. Edward Snowden is a criminal wanted by the United States and is currently hiding in Russia. If he returns he should be tried for treason.

As for proof of my accusations-

Don’t you know how to use the Google, all this information is readily available and has been for some time.

DIA Director: Snowden Potentially Put Lives of U.S. Troops at Risk; DNI: ‘Lives of Members or Assets of Intelligence Community at Risk

NSA Says Snowden Leaks Put US Soldiers at Risk

Leaks like Snowden’s put lives at risk: UK minister

The damning truth about Snowden: Traitor who put Western lives at risk from terrorists reveals he didn’t even read all the top-secret files he leaked

Last I checked, the Pentagon get’s their money from guess who?
Snowden Leaks Could Cost Military Billions: Pentagon

Edward Snowden cost British taxpayer money

US SAYS INTELLIGENCE LEAKS BY SNOWDEN WILL COST THE PENTAGON BILLIONS OF DOLLARS

Intel Heads: Edward Snowden Did ‘Profound Damage’ to U.S. Security

As for your question about Western Democracy and a tyrannical oligarchy, my very simple answer would be if you don’t like it here and the way things are run here you can always join mikey in Cost Rica after the next election. :wink:

So you have no actual knowledge to support your claims except what you have been told by the media? You do know that there are three sides to every story; the left side, the right side, and then their is the truth which lies somewhere between. All it takes is a very little reasoning to read and sort through hype to reach the truth. It is unfortunate that many do not take that time.

As for the answer to my question it is a very simple concept that has been around for many centuries. Your response, not an answer at all, is typical of what I would expect from a person who believes all they are told and does not take the time to discover the truth. It is a very serious question and not intended to be rhetorical. While you’re reading and listening to all of your media sources think about the question and just maybe you’ll come to a true understanding of the question and be able to actually answer it.

So you have no actual knowledge to support your claims except what you have been told by the media? You do know that there are three sides to every story; the left side, the right side, and then there is the truth which lies somewhere between. All it takes is a very little reasoning to read and sort through hype to reach the truth. It is unfortunate that many do not take that time.

As for the answer to my question it is a very simple concept that has been around for many centuries. Your response, not an answer at all, is typical of what I would expect from a person who believes all they are told and does not take the time to discover the truth. It is a very serious question and not intended to be rhetorical. While you’re reading and listening to all of your media sources think about the question and just maybe you’ll come to a true understanding of the question and be able to actually answer it.

If those state secrets reveal that the U.S. is listening in to our phone conversations and reading our emails, I’d say he’s one of the most trusted people in the world. At great personal loss, he revealed what the government was doing. If that act indirectly cost American lives, that blood is on our government’s hands. Not Mr. Snowden’s.

Sounds much like the way England described George Washington.

Edward Snowden should be given a huge parade. I only wish that he’d have released the names and whereabouts of every government employee involved in the torture at Gitmo so that the victims and their families could have a fair chance of hunting them down like Nazis and extracting justice.

Yes, I get information from news media.

What are your sources?

When I was a little boy, I asked my teacher why the U.S.S.R. was bad. He explained with an example. He said that when citizens mail letters to each other, the government intercepts them and reads them first. He also explained that the U.S.S.R. tortures people. I don’t want to live in the U.S.S.R. and I trust that every red-blooded American agrees. Our government invading our privacy and torturing human beings is un-American.

And therein lies the problem, you’ve been fed a line of BS and you believed it. Nobody is listening to your phone calls or reading your emails, not unless you’ve been put on a watch list.

Meta data is kept for future investigations if needed.

Are you against the government eaves dropping on potential terrorists?

This isn’t 1955 and unfortunately the world we live in today requires it.

If your scared and don’t want to be tracked or recorded, your only option is to go off the grid and live in a hole.

A criminal who was entrusted with then stole state secrets, then after his betrayal he fled his country and gave or sold those secrets to the media and other countries including communist countries, you’re comparing to George Washington?

Really Nick?

Well, it might not be a fair comparison. Edward Snowden is not a traitor to his country (the U.S.). He was exposing traitors and upholding American values. Conversely, George Washington was most definitely a traitor to his country (England).

Nick,

Your attempt to conflate data collection, make that meta data collection with torture is like comparing apples to oranges.