Real Estate Commission approves NACHI course being given to agents Dec 6, 2007 in NH.

http://www.nachi.org/nh2007.htm

Nick, first of all I want to say thanks for all you do, but I have to tell you that many of us in NH are disappointed about this event. We all appreciate your efforts with marketing NACHI but we as NH members feel left out.

I am not the only one that thought we would be able to attend this event and get a chance to meet with Realtors in our areas. We had even attempted to do a grass routes marketing plan to promote this event as well as the chapter members.

Also, the fact that MIC will be part of this event will further hurt our membership as none of us are prepared to implement this program legally or logistically.

Please don’t get me wrong, your efforts are in the right place, the timing however, not so. I do understand that tables will be set up for inspectors to put out brochures and business cards but most of us feel out of the loop.

I hope this goes well for you and the chapter leaders who will be invited.

Huh?

Read the bottom of http://www.nachi.org/nh2007.htm You can attend if you want. The meeting is free. Invite as many of your REALTOR friends as possible and they will earn state accredited CEs. The MORE AGENTS THE BETTER!

With regard to MIC, we already have members using MIC with success all over New England. Why would you say that none of you are prepared to implement this program? It’s already implemented and operating all over North America. I was at a home today shooting a show with a solar panel expert. Chris Morrell volunteered to help me as we were short a camera man. The show will aire on NACHI.TV in 2 weeks and it is advanced education. Anyway, 5 doors up the street was a home with an MIC sign in the yard. www.moveincertified.com

Nick, we were told it was for Realtors only.

How would that help NACHI members? When I have agents on the edge of their seats and all ears asking about how to find an inspector to do MIC on their listings, I want you to point to you in the back row, so have a stack of business cards with you… you’re gonna need them.

[FONT=Arial]Pete,[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]When this seminar was first proposed I understood that it was for real estate agents only and the MIC program was not included. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]One thing you should realize about NACHI is that it is “fluid” and if Nick sees that adding or subtracting something to the program will help and he will act on it without hesitation. This type of innovative and forward thinking is what keeps NACHI so strong.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]From our long conversation I realize that you are uncomfortable with the MIC program and are hesitant about using it. That is certainly a business decision that is up to you and you alone. However, once you hear it explained then you will be able to make a more “informed decision” as to whether you want to participate or not.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]I for one would like to see all 93 NACHI New Hampshire inspectors at this seminar.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]I am going to do a “cut and paste” of the new/updated information and broadcast it to all NACHI New Hampshire inspectors.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]Once again, I hope to see each and every one of you at this seminar![/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]Warmest regards, Frank[/FONT]

You may want to talk to our chapter president, this came from him.

I personally made a flier that promoted this event and had help with others.

My idea was we could go to as many Realtors as we could and invite them to this, I even had a place for a business card to be placed so in the case that someone could not attend they would still have a chapter members card in hand.

Most of the members I have talked to have given up on this event, we were told we would be allowed to put a brochure or a business card on a table and thought that was about it.

Reason was, the cost to have us attend. I will email our regular members to ensure they read this thread and respond.

**As I stated earlier “NACHI IS FLUID” and things change. Please read my post above.:smiley: **

Peter, what is your hesitation with MIC? I’m curious.

NEW HAMPSHIRE STATE CHAPTER

LIVE FREE OR DIE

State Chapter of

**The International Association of Certified Home Inspectors **

NEW HAMPSHIRE STATE CHAPTER NEWSLETTER

PUBLISHER DATE: October 20, 2007
Frank Carrio
Chapter President

Hi to all,
One of the great things about NACHI is that with Nick Gromicko at its helm we are always going in the right direction. I have found that Nick is an innovative and forward thinker and that he always has “NACHI’s” best interest at heart! That means that he has your best interest at heart!

One of the good things about NACHI/Nick is that if he sees even the slightest way to improve any program, or seminar he will not hesitate to implement the new idea.

He has modified this seminar “What Every Real Estate Agent Needs to Know about Inspections” to include a short presentation on the Move in Certified Program {MIC}

This seminar will be “free” to all Real Estate Agents/Brokers and all NACHI inspectors are encouraged to attend this event.

You can all go onto the NACHI bulletin board and read more about this at;
http://www.nachi.org/nh2007.htm](http://www.nachi.org/nh2007.htm)** here is the last sentence on that page;**

**v This meeting is free to all inspectors and real estate agents but please RSVP to fastreply@nachi.org

We hope to see you there on December 6th (9am-5pm)!

Frank Carrio and Nick Gromicko

and there have been some “posts” that answer one or two questions and it is at;
Real Estate Commission approves NACHI course being given to agents Dec 6, 2007 in NH. - Legislation, Licensing, Ethics & Legal Issues - InterNACHI®️ Forum](Real Estate Commission approves NACHI course being given to agents Dec 6, 2007 in NH. - Legislation, Licensing, Ethics & Legal Issues - InterNACHI®️ Forum)

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me at any time.

Sincerely,
Frank Carrio CMI.
**Certified Master Inspector & Consultant **
Certified Commercial Building Inspector
Founder & President, New Hampshire State Chapter
**The National Association of Certified Home Inspectors {NACHI} **

Chris McDonald, CMI
Vice President
New Hampshire State Chapter, NACHI
McDonald Home Inspection Services, LLC
Jaffrey, NH

John Hastings
Chapter Secretary/Treasurer
**Landmark Home Inspections LLC **
Newport, NH 03773

Frank, please don’t put words in my mouth that I clearly never said. I never said I was dissatisfied with this event, I was however disappointed as most where when you told us it was a Realtor only event at our last chapter meeting and we could not go because of the cost.

You then stated in an email that you would put out tables and we could place our brochures and business cards on them by region.

I am still undecided about the MIC program and am still waiting to hear from my E&O carrier to see if I would be covered.

Maybe now that we will be able to go I’ll be able to get a clearer understanding of the program and the liability of certifying houses we inspect.

Nick & Frank
there was a great sense of anticipation when this was first discussed, a good marketing presentation by Pete Russell with full member participation as how to write the letter to the RA a great opportunity to market with the agents but we then were informed no hi could go due to cost, this now has changed which is good, however I join with Pete as do others about MIC and any potential liability issues that may come with it the rest of the offered class looks great, & I also agree with Frank about all 93 members showing for this as well as other things that are going on here. Nick looking forward to meeting you.

I look forward to seeing you there!:smiley:

Dennis,
Nick has agreed to fund the printing of the brochures to promote this event. We are working out the details as we speak.

I will keep you and all of the other members informed when anything “new” comes up. :smiley:

Thanks Frank, I like the changes you made to the invitation I came up with and I am excited about this event, especially now that we can attend.

I think this will be a huge marketing opportunity for all of us and the timing is perfect.

I am in FULL agreement!:smiley: