Would you hire little Billy? He just got his license yesterday.

http://www.nachi.org/bicycle_internachi.htm

I agree Nick,
You shouldnt hire any inspector with less then 4 years experiance. I’ll rejoin NACHI if you promote this.

InterNACHI inspectors:

1. Have to pass InterNACHI’s Online Inspector Examination every year with a score of 80 or better. (This general, not association-specific exam is open and free to all).
  2. Have to complete InterNACHI’s online Ethics Obstacle Course. (This open book Ethics course is open and free to all).
  3. Have to take InterNACHI’s online Standards of Practice Quiz (This open book Standards of Practice quiz is open and free to all).
  4. Have to sign and submit an Affidavit.
  5. Have to adhere to InterNACHI’s Standards of Practice.
  6. Have to abide by InterNACHI’s Code of Ethics.
  7. Have to continue learning (24 hours/year) as per InterNACHI’s Continuing Education Policy.
  8. Have to maintain a member Online Continuing Education Log (free) as per InterNACHI’s Continuing Education Policy.
  9. Have to (if never performed a home inspection for a fee) submit 4 mock inspections to InterNACHI’s Report Review Committee (free) before performing their first home inspection for a client.
  10. Have to (within 10 days after joining) login to NACHIs educational message board.
  11. Have to (within 30 days after joining) complete InterNACHI’s comprehensive online Standards of Practice course (free).
  12. Have to (before or within 30 days after joining) complete InterNACHI’s onlind Structural course (free).
  13. Have to (within 45 days after joining) complete InterNACHI’s comprehensive online Plumbing course (free) including all the quizzes within and pass its final exam.
  14. Have to (within 45 days after joining) complete InterNACHI’s comprehensive online Electrical course (free) including all the quizzes within and pass its final exam.
  15. Have to (before or within 45 days of joining) complete InterNACHI’s comprehensive online Safety course (free) including all the quizzes within.
  16. Have to (within 60 days after joining) complete InterNACHI’s comprehensive online Roofing course (free) including all the quizzes within and pass its final exam.
  17. Have to (within 60 days after joining) complete InterNACHI’s comprehensive online Wood Destroying Organism course (free) including all the quizzes within and pass its final exam.
  18. Have to (within 60 days after joining) complete InterNACHI’s online 25 Standards Every Inspector Should Know course (free) and pass its final exam.
  19. Have to (within first 3 months after joining) apply for a membership photo I.D. (free).
  20. Have to (within first 3 months after joining) complete InterNACHI’s comprehensive online Moisture Intrusion Inspection course (free) including all the quizzes within and pass its final exam.
  21. Have to (within first 6 months after joining) complete InterNACHI’s online Vermiculite Insulation mini-course (free) including all the quizzes within.
  22. Have to (within first 6 months after joining) complete InterNACHI’s online Polybutylene Plumbing mini-course (free) including all the quizzes within.
  23. Have to (within first 6 months after joining) complete InterNACHI’s online Water Heater TPR Valve Discharge Piping mini-course (free) including all the quizzes within.
  24. Have to (within first 6 months after joining) complete InterNACHI’s online Emergency Exit mini-course (free) including all the quizzes within.
  25. Have to re-take and pass InterNACHI’s Online Inspector Examination again, every year (free).
  26. Have to (before or within first 18 months after joining) complete InterNACHI’s online Log Home course (free) including all quizzes within and pass its final exam.
  27. Have to (before or within first 18 months after joining) complete InterNACHI’s online Green Building course (free) including all quizzes within and pass its final exam.
  28. Have to (before or within 2 years after joining) complete at least 8 hours of advanced or beyond Standard of Practice coursework (reasonable exceptions apply).
  29. Have to (within 3 years after joining) complete InterNACHI’s online Mold Inspection course (free) including all quizzes within and pass its final exam.
  30. Have to (within 3 years after joining) complete InterNACHI’s online Radon Measurement Service Provider course (free) including all quizzes within and pass its final exam.
  31. Have to (within 3 years after joining) complete InterNACHI’s online Commercial Inspection course (free) including all quizzes within and pass its final exam.
  32. Have to (within 3 years after joining) complete InterNACHI’s online Inspecting Foundation Walls and Piers course (free) including all quizzes and pass its final exam.
  33. Have to attend at least one chapter meetings or educational seminars every two years (reasonable exceptions apply).

So the next time you need to refer your clients to home inspectors, make sure they are members of InterNACHI and never use a candidate or associate of any association. InterNACHI, America’s elite home inspection association.

If…… “Little Billy” had been an;

1. ICC Certified.

2. NACHI certified.

3. Or an EXPERIENCED ASHI Certified “Full Member”

[size=3]And…. HIS STATE had just enacted a “Licensing Law” then yes…. I would hire him! [/size]

Frank…you may have missed the parallel thread on this topic last night. Nick did agree to re-think the wording. It may not change but at least he got an earful about it.

Hi Mike!:stuck_out_tongue:
Thanks … I just “edited” my post!

Then you have those who don’t want laws that would…

• make them responsible for their inspections.
  • mandate training and education above their current level.
  • impose fines for doing irresponsible walk by inspection.
  • stop undocumented and standardless inspection.
  • enforce the SoP.
  • punish unethical behavior.
  • provide an easy means for consumers to prosecute negligence.
  • test and qualify inspectors before they can practice.
  • little billy hates to grow up and prove his qualifications and follow
    a SoP, be held to a higher standard and document what he does.

All kinds of agendas, indeed… :mrgreen: We can see the truth.

Weak laws produce weak results. Stronger and better laws
can produce good results. Don’t mess with Texas, little billy.

I hate to do it, but every now and then I have to speak up
and open a little can of whoopassh… LOL

I was talking to a Realtor today she was told to put ashi inspectors at the top of the list because they highly trained , I tried to explain the pro’s and cons of this assumption. She said that it was referred by the state , I honestly believe it is education of the Realtor . Is there any way of sending information to the real estate board here to show them the difference

I agree with Nicks new “Little Billy” Ad. Hire an inspector with years of experience. Not someone who just passed their test or an Assoc. entrance requirements. Hire Experience!

It may not be this way everywhere, but in my immediate area the new NACHI or NAHI inspectors seem to be better trained that other groups.

I believe that the Nachi are too But ASHI seems to have a strong hold on Realtors here
More education of what is NACHI to the boards is needed i think