Best Defect Exterior (Pictures/Contestants Needed)

Need some Pictures for the Best Exterior Defects Poll. The first ten pictures will be placed in th Poll open to everyone to vote.

Who is in?? :smiley:

How about this one?

We are trying to use the SOP definitions of categories.

For instance:

2.2. Exterior
I. The inspector shall inspect:
[INDENT]A. the siding, flashing and trim;
B. all exterior doors, decks, stoops, steps, stairs, porches, railings, eaves, soffits and fascias;

**C. and report as in need of repair any spacings between intermediate balusters, spindles, or rails for steps, stairways, balconies, and railings that permit the passage of an object greater than 4 inches in diameter; **
D. a representative number of windows;
E. the vegetation, surface drainage, and retaining walls when these are likely to adversely affect the structure;
F. and describe the exterior wall covering.

Could you, possibly, save that one for the next time roofing comes around?
[/INDENT]

Thank You Larry… That is a Great Picture though… :smiley:

Here’s a creative way to vent the attic.

I got one for ya BK.
Square One Home Inspection_049.jpg

Here’s one… NEW CONSTRUCTION… The local AHJ told the builder that there were too many stairs, and there should be a “landing”… So the carpenter built one. :roll: I guess he didn’t understand the code requiring the landing to be at the door.

OMG…why didnt they do a nice concrete step/wrap with that…go figure

I know, :roll:

That’s the same builder who accused me of damaging the shingles when I was on the roof because it was too hot.

I told him he needed to get some workers with a clue. Not only was I on the roof at 9:00 before it was too hot, but I wore protective neoprene boots, and took pictures of the damage in front of me as I went.

Still need some more pics

:):):slight_smile:

That first one isn’t a defect, that’s a filter ain’t it?:wink:

I drive past that house about every week, hasn’t sold yet, and doesn’t look as if anything has been done to it. (Not vacant) Surprisingly hasn’t burnt down yet. (Gas fueled dryer). :shock:

High $ view/waterfront property…just relax and enjoy the view. :shock:

Hmmm [640x480].jpg

Still need a few more pictures

Still need a few more pics

:slight_smile:

I think Brian is still looking for a few more pics guys. Brian, tell them what fabulous prize they could be elegible for.

The prize is a case of books…http://www.nachi.org/now.htm#shipping