Edge flashing

Again, a house that we inspected today, and no edge flashing.

Regards

Gary

Was that one of those newer J-2 homes that are prevalent in your neighborhood??

J-2 ? This was a house in Tenton.

very rare to see edge flashing in these parts—nice idea though!

J-2 was building in the Fairfield Township area, and all of the houses were roofed without a drip edge. The sheathing terminates about 3/4 of an inch above the fascia.

These roofs have been approved by the Township inspectors…

Sufficient shingle overhang is the next best thing. :wink:

These are all from the same Roof. New Installation.

• No Flashing in some areas…
  • Flashing installed behind the fascia…
  • No Flashing and the fascia installed after the shingles have been installed…

What would you recommend?

Joseph

Two of your pics. show no gutters, thats one to flag.
As far as wording for the dripedge:
All eave and rake edges need a flashing. These prevent rain water from wicking into the roof sheathing or decking as it leaves the roof covering. The profile of this flashing ensures that any drips from the edge fall away from the roof sheathing. It is for this reason that edge flashings are also commonly referred to as drip edges or drip flashings.
In most roofing applications, the drip edge flashing should be installed under the moisture barrier, if fitted on the eave edge, and above the moisture barrier on the rake edge. A qualified contractor is recommended to evaluate and estimate repairs.

Regards

Gary

This hyperlink Underlayment & Drip edge is in report statement

This one of the topics that I go back and forth with. Here in Austin, Tx I hardly see drip flashing on new construction. On top of that I rarely see step flashing at wall to roof intersections as stated in the IRC. Another would be the correct installation of a starter strip on composition roofs.