Kickout flashing needed?

Just wanted to make sure before I call this out.

DSC03901.JPG

DSC03901.JPG

DSC03916.JPG

Yes, however your closeup shows a chimney cricket.
NACHI has a good article as well as member Michael Thomas’s site.

http://www.nachi.org/kick-out-flashing.htm

There needs to be some sort of diverter flashing there, perhaps a conventional “kick out”, perhaps something a bit different.

Especially as there appears to a gutter discharging onto the roof directly above…

Definitely on pic 1.

Here’s some pictures of my new project
All the exterior trim is FJP. None of the cuts were painted and no kick out flashing.
Home is 11 years old and less than 5 miles from the ocean, also, no drip edge on the rakes just the eaves.

DSCN2291 (Small).JPG

DSCN2289 (Small).JPG

DSCN2299 (Small).JPG

DSCN2292 (Small).JPG

weren’t the absent flashing locations detailed in the EIFS/Stucco report?

What is FJP?

Finger jointed pine. Comes pre-primed in 16 foot lengths.
Problem is the framers don’t own paint brushes and never will.
This stuff needs another coat of paint and all cuts need to be painted before it goes on the house, but that costs time and money.

Thanks,first I saw the term.
Good luck with the remodel.Any of that water enter the drywall?

Nothing on the inside but the house is under a p/s agreement and this is a result of the inspection. Not mine.

Anyway, here are more pictures. Last one is a ring shank nail that went through the sheathing and touched a wire that was just floating around in there.

DSCN2284 (Small).JPG

DSCN2287 (Small).JPG

DSCN2288 (Small).JPG

DSCN2297 (Small).JPG

Thanks for the input on the rake wall but what about the chimney? Not sure if diverter flashing is needed at a saddle?

It is hard to tell in this picture but if the saddle is done correctly the flashing is the diverter, in that, it runs the water outside the wall enough to prevent water intrusion.