Is this OK!

:shock: Well at least it’s well ventilated!

Damn this job is running long, money’s getting tight and I need to buy 120’ of siding to finish the exterior! Hey screw it I can just paint the osb and noone will know the difference! :mrgreen: :roll: … NO WAY water will make it’s way to the subfloor!

Anna22208 218.jpg

Anna22208 218.jpg

Anna22208 166.jpg

Anna22208 213.jpg

Anna22208 217.jpg

Chris they need to put another coat of paint or two to get it to be H2O proof. Oh well, maybe it is a dry area.

The last picture that shows my Tramex moisture meter was in the crawlspace directly behind this section of exterior sheathing. moisture was heavy at the sill plate and puddled/wicked it’s way to cover 6’ of the sub floor (at the time of inspection). :wink:

I’m not familiar with the operation of that meter but why does the screen say “Drywall” when placed on the subfloor?

Seems you’d want it set for wood

Took readings at a few different settings to guage the readings.

21% moisture content was the lowest reading I got 6’ away from the worst part of the moisture intrusion.

Anna22208 165.jpg

Well, don’t that beat all! :wink:

Looks like they could have removed a 2-flue chimney from that OSB area.

Why protect it? Rain will only disintegrate the OSB. No biggie…

It looks good from my house.:shock:

thats hilarious!!, looks like my friends house, entire exterior was just wood panal, and he bought it like that… same color paint too

Correct, at the base of the OSB was a 3’x3’ pad.
My intension was to show general poor quality and a potentially costly moisture problem that would of been avoided if they didn’t try to cut so many corners. Something the greedy and/or ignorant will never learn. :wink: