What is this on Roof?

This is device is on a roof, and the cable from the device runs to the controls for the watering sprinkler system. Is this some type of moisture monitoring device? The pin can be depressed and you can see where you can choose a depth.

Rain Sensors
The world’s most simple, accurate, rugged, and reliable rain sensors. . costly–than an irrigation system that runs when it doesn’t have to.in the rain. . ->

as Mike said mine is attached to a gutter and is wireless…but looks similar…

Yep, rain sensor.

Did you find a problem with the shingles?

Just looking and see the same.

Rain sensor lets that sprinklers know when not to run.

Those shingles do scream DIY.

Same here…looks like those shingles were a DIY job or billy bob contractor.

OK all you roofer wannabes. :wink:

If you’re going to pontificate on the quality of roof installation, you should at least tell the poor guy what you think you see in stead of just patting each other on the back. :roll:

OK, I’ll start, that way you’ll know too. ;-):stuck_out_tongue:

Has to do with exposure - how much of the tab is showing. In this case the entire tab (and then some) is showing. The tabbed part makes up roughly half of the shingle.

You should never see the top part of the shingle.

Here’s an article about installation. I didn’t read the whole thing, but the pics are good to see what I mean. :mrgreen:

Good way to save money on material.
incorrect installation .

Ever installed shingle Bob

Look again.

You quote me and reference Bob. :margarit:

Who ya talkin’ to?

Instead of pontificating to one (or both) of us, why don;t you just tell us poor guys what you see. ;-):stuck_out_tongue:

Looks like I mean both of you.

Well?

Well…???

I’ll guess you’re saying they’re not 3-tabs.

So what are they?

Yes, I’ve installed shingles.

You boys are the ones claiming screams DIY or saving shingles. All I said is spill the beans and share your vast experience with Mr. Merino

I did - now if you see something different, please share.

Perhaps you should be the one to share,since you are in political anger mode.

By the way Apple just dropped FOX.:slight_smile:
(they are spaced incorrectly)
Now back to today’s report.

Look again please.