Advanced tips for inspecting stairways. Please proof...

http://www.nachi.org/stairways.htm

One thing that jumps out is the riser height, it should read maximum 7 and 3/4" not least, I will read further. It shold also read t"The nose is Incorrect", instead of in correct.

Kenneth, good catch. Near the bottom of the document I’ve included your website. OK?

Great, glad I can help. Thanks

I would add to the illumination part that you have to be able to activate the lights without stepping onto the stairs.

There are several places that use terms like “stairway which” that should be changed to “stairway that”. etc.

I can send them to you if you wish.

Cool Blaine, post them here or send them to fastreply@nachi.org Either. Thanks!

I sent this via email, but I don’t know if it was received.

Currently reads;

Determine if it is continuous. The handrail should be continuous for the full length of the flight of stairs. Measured from a point directly above the top riser to a point directly above the lowest riser of the flight. (The use of a volute, starting easing, or turnout can be installed over the lowest tread.)

Should read;

Determine if it is continuous. The handrail should be continuous for the full length of the flight of stairs, measured from a point directly above the top riser to a point directly above the lowest riser of the flight. (The use of a volute, starting easing, or turnout can be installed over the lowest tread.)

This paragraph is repeated twice in the document, with the same error in each occurrence.

Sent to fastreply.

Jeff, Blaine… thanks!