moisture in the bottom channels of vinyl windows

I often see moisture in the bottom channel of vinyl windows. Would this be condesation formed due to temperature differences between the glass and the vinyl frame?

Many things lead to this High humidity inside the home warm inside cold outside. There could be some cold air leakage also.
Tight blinds or curtins add to this as not much air to raise the window temp.
.If they lower the humidity more air movement curtins not to tight to the window and not to close to the floor.
All will tend to help .Try and keep the humidity below 50% .

. Roy

I inspected a house for a Realtor, the other day (the realtor’s house, no RE transaction, he was just having some problems and he has referred me, so I thought I would help him out).

Turned out that the painter painted shut the weep holes at the bottom of the channel. A little screwdriver action and it was all fixed.

Hope this helps;

What I see is not runoff from condensation which formed on the glass or windows that have been painted over, but the majority of vinyl windows I look at here in Colorado- a relatively dry state with average humidity around 25%- have either pooled moisture in the channel or moisture stains in the channel clearly indicating that moisture has pooled there in the past. The windows appear to be adequately sealed around the exterior.

I’m thinking maybe one of the window manufacturers could clear this up.

Are these sliding windows. Imeet with a window rep a few days ago about water sitting in the bottom track of a sliding door. He said some water will get in on sliding doors and windows. He said this is normal, a small amount of water will evaporate. He also said the track needs to be kept clean so the water will not get dammed up and the weep holes should be checked for clogs

That last reply was my first reply. I am a member of NACHI. Can anyone tell me why my post says I am a non member

Thanks in advance for any help
Skip Storm
Premier Home Inspections Unlimited

Make sure you use the login name and password you were sent after joining. If that’s not it contact: FastReply@NACHI.org

](http://www.nachi.org/forum/'fastreply@nachi.org')

Yes, it’s always on sliding windows that I notice it. It doesn’t seem to be a problem, but I did call it out in the first few houses I noticed it in. I think now it was a bad call. It’s good to call a buyers attention to things like that so that they don’t worry obout it later, but I suspected moisture intrusion at first.

“Staining” I mentioned was a poor term. It was the way dust and dirt look after pooled water has evaporated rather than an actual stain.