Arc fault circuit interrupters

Do arc fault circuit interrupter cause interferance with electronic equipment?

No they do not.

It is also worth noting that under the current NEC newly constructed homes will be required too have arc fault protection at all outlets that are within 60" of the floor and that are not required to be GFCI protected

Where are you getting this information? This is not in the NEC.

I think that is just a very poor paraphrase of the 210 requirements. It also does not follow the NEC definition of outlets. Using the 5’ distance no ceiling lighting or smokes would need to be AFCI protected.

As of January 2008 only “combination type” AFCIs will meet the NEC requirement. The 2008 NEC requires the installation of combination-type AFCIs in all 15 and 20 ampere residential circuits with the exception of laundries, kitchens, bathrooms, garages and unfinished basements.

Your are correct a poor paraphrase. I should have said outlets that are 60" above the floor need not be a combination AFCI (tamper proof), but are still required too be AFCI protected

Tamper proof receptacles have a shutter mechanism to prevent items like keys or pins from being inserted into the device and preventing shocks. Tamper proof has nothing to do with AFCI protection and can be used on regular circuits without AFCI protection.

It would also help if you would review the NEC definition of outlet and receptacle. They are not interchangeable.

The tamper resistant changes in the 2011 NEC affect receptacles above 66" not 60".

http://www.nachi.org/arc-fault-circuit-interrupters.htm

Nice Article. I would re-examine a few things in this paragraph:

The words short-circuit should be replaced with ground fault. The NEC has added a definition in the 2011 to clarify the difference.

The word (grounding) should be replaced with grounded.