Double switch box okay for gas fireplace?

I wondered if someone could tell me if it is okay to use a double swithbox ( for example, more than just a single gang box with a switch for a light and the gas fireplace) or if just a single switch by itself should be used for the gas fireplace? I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks

I can’t think of any reason why a 2 gang box with 2 switches could not be used. If the purpose is not clear just label it.

If you are talking about a low voltage ignition circuit for the gas fireplace, the box must contain a divider.

Thanks for those replies. Are most switches for standard newer gas fireplaces low voltage?

A standard 15 or 20 amp switch is used BUT NOT connected to 14/2 or 12/2 wire.
Only the low voltage wire supplied with the fireplace goes to the switch.That wire comes from a converter box located under the fire box,(the lower grill has to be removed to access it).You will also find a 14 or 12/2 wire energizeing the converter box.

Low voltage wiring and 120 volt house wiring should never be in the same enclosure. The low voltage wiring is not as well protected, so they are kept seprate to reduce the risk of electrocution in the event they are shorted together.