Duplex Home, Service undersized

Please see photos, point of sale no issues, 2 panels updated.

Service old, 60 amps, feed 2 meters.

My questions are is this 1 60 amp feed to 2 100 amp panels or 2 60 amp feeds to 2 100amp panels?

old 60 service feeds 100 amp FPE, then wires are spliced 2 to 100 amp panels, now these would be considered subs, not mains correct.

The city guy should be able to tell SEC is undersized at mast correct? I know they do not take off panel covers (seems a disservice to me)

Obviously this is not safe & is called out but questions above would be appreciated.

Seems they did this way so they did not need to update exterior & GEC.

Pics are of the exterior service, one main panel. Next post are the 2 remote distributions, not mains correct???

The blurry picture is the surface wires at the main breaker. (60 amp SEC to 100 amp FPE)

265614 137 (Small).JPG

265614 138 (Small).JPG

265614 022 (Small).JPG

265614 070 (Small).JPG

265614 136 (Small).JPG

Here are the pics of the 2 other panels, home is a double.

Nice job with red wire outside of enclosure.

265614 182 (Small).JPG

265614 182 (Small).JPG

265614 140 (Small).JPG

265614 187 (Small).JPG

Gonna let the Sparks trace those things but good call on undersized and calling for Electrician review is affirmative.

Thanks Bob for answering my posts and stating I made a good call, most here would just call out FPE and not remove cover.

FPE stabloc I do not .
Had them pop off the panels at me a few times early on in my career and learned my lesson.

The first point of disconnect is the “main”, or service disconnect.

It that was this is? It looks like a 100 amp breaker, but I can’t make it out. If it is a “main 60 amp” as you said, this is the service capacity, the other panels are remote distribution panels. (at least from what I can see).

If this is the service disconnect, it would determine the service capacity.

http://www.nachi.org/forum/attachments/f19/72790d1395265173t-duplex-home-service-undersized-265614-137-small-.jpg

The wires feeding the 100 amp breaker is only 60 amps (that is my blurred picture) So service size is 60 Amp not 100. You can see one of the SEC conductors at the bottom on the picture you, I posted. That blurry picture I tried taking a few times.

Correct. If that is the first disconnect from meter, the house has a 60 amp service.

Yes sir and a duplex at that!!

David did you come to knoxville to inspect? Looks like some of the fine quality work I get to inspect.

Oh and to answer your questions.

*My questions are is this 1 60 amp feed to 2 100 amp panels or 2 60 amp feeds to 2 100amp panels? *I guess you would call it one feed. One flip shuts it down.

The city guy should be able to tell SEC is undersized at mast correct? *Being it’s 60 amp I doubt the SE cables are undersized. The local utility can make the determination from pole to service mast.