GE Panel

Todays panel has four breakers, combined, single pull, rated at 200amps. the panel is rated at 400amp. This is a 200amp service?

Thanks

I think a pic is going to be required, unless someone is familiar with this particular panel.

Actually, if it is anything like some Siemens panels, they use a similar setup for 200 amps. They use two 2-pole 100A main breakers in parallel, giving 200 amps. It looks like four single pole breakers tied together. There was a thread not too long ago about this.
This is probably the same thing but for 400A.

Speedy
I think this is the same set up you are talking about. There are 4, it looks single pole 200amps breakers, with one pole switch controlling them all.

Thanks

The SEC is 4/0 AWG also. It is rated for 200amps correct?

Yup, that’s exactly what I was referring to.
200 amps for sure.

Looks like a standard 200A GE panel, the main breaker is 200A, the extra 200A labels are misleading.

Where did you see 400A?
No way that is a 400A panel.

Bruce
The wording in the panel. No wait, it was hand written on the label. Probably the electrician did it. So, this isn’t a 400amp rated panel?

Oh yeah. I forgot you mentioned 400 amps.
NO WAY is this a 400A panel.

I am famiur with this panel and it is only 200 amp main breaker as what Speedy Pete he got it right on first answer.

BTW if this is a 400 amp the breaker box and the size of main breaker is much larger than what the photo showed.

Merci, Marc