GE Profile Dual Fuel Range Recall

GE Recalls Ranges Due to Fire and Burn Hazards

WASHINGTON, D.C. - The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, in cooperation with the firm named below, today announced a voluntary recall of the following consumer product. Consumers should stop using recalled products immediately unless otherwise instructed. **

Name of Product: **GE Profile™ Freestanding Dual Fuel Ranges

**Units: **About 28,000

**Manufacturer: **GE Consumer & Industrial, of Louisville, Ky.

**Hazard: **The wiring in the rear of the range can overheat, posing a fire and burn hazard to consumers.

**Incidents/Injuries: **GE is aware of 47 reports of overheated wiring, including 33 reports of wiring that caught fire. Of these, one fire caused structural damage to the home and there have been 14 reports of minor property damage. No injuries have been reported.

**Description: **This recall involves GE Profile 30” Freestanding Duel(sic) Fuel ranges. The ranges were sold in white, black, bisque and stainless steel. The following model and serial numbers can be found on the left inside corner of the bottom drawer.

BrandModel Number Begins With:Serial Number Begins With:
GE ProfileJ2B900LD, MD, RD, SD, TD, VD, ZD, AF, DF, FF, GF, HF, LF, MF
GE ProfileJ2B915MF, RF, SF, TF, VF, ZF, AG, DG, FG, GG, HG, LG, MG, RG, SG, TG, VG, ZG

**Sold at: **Department and appliance stores nationwide from June 2002 through December 2005 for between $1,300 and $2,000.

Are they using guns, swords, knives, lasers, tasers…? Anyway, I hope the gas fuel beats the electric fuel. :mrgreen:

Thanks Mike, I really need to start watching that site a bit more carefully.

They come to my email inbox. :wink:

You can sign up for the categories you want by subscribing here:

https://www.cpsc.gov/cpsclist.aspx

http://www.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/donkey.gif

DUAL/DUEL

http://www.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/pencil.gif

“Dual” is an adjective describing the two-ness of something—dual carburetors, for instance.
A “duel” is a formal battle intended to settle a dispute.

I like the underdogs…

My money is on propane. ;-):mrgreen:

Mine too…
And go out to my database. :mrgreen:

Good info. But nobody can keep up with all the recalls. I put this in all my reports: “Reading contractor blueprints, research on product recalls or notices of any kind are not part of this inspection.”

Not a part of the report, a separate service.
I simply forwward the CPSC recall emails I get.

Actually, it’s not hard at all to keep up with all the recalls, even easier if you limit it to just real estate stuff and ignore cars, toys, etc.

Much, much easier than trying to keep up with all the various codes (IRC, CBC, IPC, NEC, FFC, etc.).

If one subscribes to the recall notices, whenever a real estate one comes through, it provides a great opportunity to provide additional service to past Clients by letting them know. Hopefully everyone is keeping a database of past Clients addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, etc., and using that database for ongoing marketing, Referral Rewards Programs, etc.

Most of my clients have cars, toys, etc. so I include the cars, toys, etc. in this service. :mrgreen:

I like having my name in front of them with helpful information on a regular basis.

In addition to a link to my site, I include, “You may forward this to anyone you feel may benefit”.

BTW, thanks, RR for the sign up info.