Jumper

Does this look like a homeowner or hack installed something such as two new outlets in the new enclosed patio area and then ran a jumper to neutral?
I followed the wire in the attic until it was buried under so much insulation and other things and could not locate destination but does head towards the rear.

IMG_0065.jpg

IMG_0068.jpg

IMG_0068.jpg

IMG_0068.jpg

IMG_0065.jpg

There are several visible problems in those photos one can only imagine what else there is.

Don’t be vague what do you see?

The two conductors under one screw, the way that all of the cables enter the enclosure through the center KO either via a squeeze connector or raceway, the miss KO seal, the long length of what appears to be UF cable which screams of hack work. :smiley:

Yes, the wires squeezed through the top is the least of my worries. The load center is also loose at the top. I could move it with about a 1/4 " play in it. Calling out all of it, the double tap neutral jumper, disconnected branch wiring at the bottom. It’s a 94 challenger panel. The initial wiring it looks good but yes it has some issues with somebody messing with it. My OP was focused on the jumper and I am pretty certain with the addition of two extra outlets in rear that they are jumped from a power source and then run to neutral in the panel. Those outlets tested goo as did all. But I am referring it out to an electrician.

Umm…and the black conductor terminated to the grounded bus leaves you saying…hmmmm…Maybe they don’t have section 200.6 in their edition of the NEC…:wink: