No Main Breaker?

No main breaker. Is this correct?

well there is not one in that picture Scott…any other information or pictures ???

Was there a Main breaker or Service Disconnect at the Meter Socket panel outside?

In the picture there are only 6 breakers so there does not need to be a main breaker. Might need more info or pictures for a different answer.

When we see this arrrangement it usually is in a subpanel, with the main breaker elsewhere. Too common in condo units. The “six sweeps of the hand” rule would apply, I think, in your case. (Different rules in the frozen North).:cool:

John Kogel
ww.allsafehome.ca

This appears to be a sub-panel, grounds on the left and neutrals on the right (unless you are in Canada). That being the case the panel is a main lug with a disconnecting breaker in the main panel.

I agree with Jeff, grounds and neutrals are isolated from each other. Main breaker must be upstream.

There is absolutely no way you can tell form that picture if there are only six breakers. You need to see the whole box.

This appears to be a sub-panel, grounds on the left and neutrals on the right (unless you are in Canada). That being the case the panel is a main lug with a disconnecting breaker in the main panel.

This is also an assumption. You may be right, but more information is needed to make that determination.

I agree with Jeff, grounds and neutrals are isolated from each other. Main breaker must be upstream.

Also an assumption. The grounds and nuturals are isolated. Maybe they did it wrong. More information is needed.

Bill might be an assumption, but sounds like a good one to me. Whats your take on it considering the pictures all there is to go by. BTW agree with you on the 6 breakers there’s noway an electrician is going to have a 150 or 200 amp panel with 4 single pole 15s and 2 single pole 20s as the 6 throws. I hope that’s not assuming to much. I guess after 37 years in the trade we tend to assume to much.

Gary

In this business assuming something will get you a fat letter. We can only report on what we see. That picture show us nothing. Here is a good example. I know an inspector once who said that a service panel did not have any permits. An assumption. It turned out that it was properly permitted. Two days after the installation the homewoner decided to do his own handywork, all wrong of course. It goes back to that old saying “just the facts maam”