Outdoor Light issue (Malibu Canterbury Collection)

I have an outdoor lighting system, Malibu Canterbury Collection. It has a 300W transformer and 14 lights each with a 18w bulb (252W total). This system worked fine for years, until last night when all of the lights went out except one, the one closest to the transformer. I replaced a bulb in the next unit but it still did not work. Even the newest one I added about a month ago is not working and the whole thing is new. The lights are Model CS120TA and the Transformer is Model ****ML300RTW. I have unplugged the unit and re-plugged it back in but still only the first light goes on. Ideas?****

Thanks

Tim

Sounds like an open between the first light and the rest

Many of these lighting systems use a little nail like device to make the conection to the lights and you might have one that cut the wire completely

Get a meter or a proper test light and check to see where you are losing the power

Good luck

rlb

Ok, The first six light are under cobble stone brick. Also last night my irrigation was on for 7 hours last night. The association some how had it stay on for a long time. Could this have done it also, with the water saturation in the ground?

Also lights were on last night at 8pm then stopped at 9:30pm. So not sure on the cut wire thing. It uses 12/2 gauge wire also.

Thanks

Bad underground splice or tap, for sure.

Mark,

Ok, so how do I find which one? Would it be the one after the one that does light up?

Also how do I get the brick pavers up to be able to get to the cord?

Thank you for your help

Tim

I think you should call a service company of some sort

Pavers are tricky and can be hard work

Good luck

rlb

Correct… they run in series. If they are all out (in other words its not just a simple blown bulb) you have a bad connection somewhere. Start at the working light and work your way down the series, checking, cleaning, and reconnecting each. Do a test on the other bulbs in the socket that is working to test them before you continue with each one in succession.

I’m suprised they lasted this long for you. I find them to be junk.

The bulbs and sockets are OK, they were working.
There is a break in the wire or a bad connection between socket 1 and 2. Corrosion or dirt in the second socket, or a wire pulled loose by movement of the pavers?

Ok thanks. Is there a posting somewhere or a website that shows and tells you how to remove the pavers? I thought maybe a flat head screwdriver.

Thanks

The paver guys have a tool they use, It is a couple pieces of 1/8" or so wire with a hook on the end and a handle on the other. You work two hooks down in the opposite corners, twist it a quarter turn and lift