Service drop question

DSCN4213 (Small).JPG
The mast seems to have the required 18 inches but anyone know off hand how much clearence from the roof the conductors should have.
It is only about two inches.

Off topic question, was the seal broken on the meter base?

tom

No but why do you ask?

That should be called out… The Service provider will fix it at no charge.

Ooops, 18 inches to 24 inches. I always look at it as a safety thing regardless of the clearence, and in this case it looks to me as something the Utillity would fix.

The Tie is supported under the drip or Gutter, this always makes me wright it up as a hazard.

I have been reading some of MY posts and I can tell you all that I DID NOT POST 90 % of them in the last 6 months or so. However, that is besides the case. I know who did post some of that and strangly enough it was not much different than I would have posted myself. Strange folks strange land…

I wish you all well.:cool:

Strange, I got a PM this morning stating that I had violated someones private account here. I wouldn’t know how to do this but it does seem that that person intends to see me in person.

Mike:

See this message and then look near the bottom where you call someone a drunkard

http://www.nachi.org/forum/showpost.php?p=296313&postcount=67

When that link is accessed it takes the member to their control panel, did you do this, if you did better ask Danny to give you some KY Jelly, I am bull s h i t and the showdown will come soon for you and probably the other stooge!

Okay I see what you are saying now. I was trying to open up to my Latest Reputation Received so that every one could see the vuglar language that someone had posted there directed toward me. No harm no foul.

Thanks for all the great answers.:shock:

Not sure about your masthead clearance question but I hope you pointed out that fence to your buyers. :shock:

Not concerned about the masthead, but rather clearance of the lines from the gutter.
What is the rule from the NEC?
Wish Paul was feeling better.

For that type of service drop the best infomation will be from the POCO they have pretty spefic detals on the service drop connection and where to mounted to the sturcture or on mast.

As far i am looking at the photo if this place is above the second story or second floor hightwise it should be ok but i wish there is other photo seeing at diffrent angle but the hevey angle iron bracket if lagged bolted or thru bolted to the actual stucture it is ok but on the sheeting plywood or OSB etc ] not a really pratical idea becasue few POCO did stated a warning especally with semilong run the line tenstion can be pretty hard on the bracket keep in your mind this true with snow/ ice belt area ]

and let me add the last comment here if it is above the window and away from window there is no issue with that.

but again please check with your POCO for most recent regulations for your area.

Merci, Marc

Just to restate ,I am mainly concerned with the two hot s touching the gutter if they sag.
DSCN4222 (Small).JPG

Here you go! Looks like that connection was temporary, or iy may have been a job with no permit?

Thanks Joe .
I know 18 inch rule applies but from the PDF I seem to gather it applies to the conductors in the service drop.
Is that correct?

That’s automatic because of the drip loop that is also required to meet the clearances. Did you note the overhand rule?

Defect contact the utility and ask them to reconnect the service drop and make it look like the picture here from the handbook.

Paul is in Richmond, VA in the field making electrical inspections and has been once again made aware of the terrible types of work some do, I sure hope he carries a Flit Gun like I did!! :mrgreen:

Very nice, Joe. Pics and everything. :smiley:

Thank you Sir, I was going to remove the code numbers, and any references, to that stinkin code, why I even learned to call this a Defect I will not call it a violation, I save that for my stories.

Stories, I have many and I am sure all of us do when it comes too our experiences, did I tell you about the pool inspection made once in Glendale, CA where a big dog cornered me barking, and that I growled louder than him and he ran away he did, :roll: I always carry and extra change of clothes just in case. More stories? Let’s hear some of yours.

[quote=jtedesco1]
Stories, I have many and I am sure all of us do when it comes too our experiences, did I tell you about the pool inspection made once in Glendale, CA where a big dog cornered me barking, and that I growled louder than him and he ran away he did, :roll: quote]

Joe you need to tell them that the dog was a vegetarian and your teeth scared him. ha. ha.

http://www.thosefunnypictures.com/funny_pics/Funny_Pictures_6356.jpg

Marcel :slight_smile: :wink: