White electrical groung wire question.

Condo inspection. White tape wire on ground. Is this OK? Is this to indicate aluminum?

It is simply a way to identify the conductor (grounded vs black)when more than one is present. It is fine.

This is not the ground.
It is a black wire being used as a neutral and they have identified it with white tape .
This is OK every thing looks fine to me … Roy

Where did this picture come from strange date on it

MAUCK INSPECTION FOR WEBSITE FEB 5 2011 017.jpg (1 of 1)
is this canadian

Thanks Roy. I was in a hurry band used the wrong wording, Nutral.

I’m usually surprised the see a black being used as a neutral and taped white. I keep the narrative on my template just for the odds.

According to the NEC the tape is fine if that conductor is larger than #6 AWG. It looks like the neutral is much smaller than the other conductors in the raceway.

:?: Where do you guys get your wire from?

Good catch I agree ,I should have looked closer.Thanks… Roy

Mr.Leahy points out a position when using his narrative on a report
I’m usually surprised the see a " black being used as a neutral and taped white." I keep the narrative on my template just for the odds
Opinions please.
Thank you…Robert

Larger cables are used a lot more in Black and not much in white . So for the small amount needed it is easier to Just carry one reel of wire and when white is need to identify it .
Industry uses I would guess 50 times what is needed in home wiring so 50 black used a lot to one roll of white used little .