Zinsco panel

Dose anyone have a good narrative for Zinsco panel boxes? Are these boxes bad ? What is the best way to describe them ?

I use this. And then add a link to some more information.

The service panel brand was Zinsco. Zinsco panels are reputed to have a high rate of circuit breaker failure which can result in a fire or shock/electrocution. The Inspector recommends that before the expiration of your Inspection Contingency Period, you consult with a qualified electrical contractor concerning the necessity for replacing this service panel. Information about defective Zinsco panels is widely available on the internet.

What is your link?

Like the narrative says
“Information about defective Zinsco panels is widely available on the internet.”
Pick one you like and use it. The one I use is a YouTube video.

You may not want to show 'em this one :wink:

[FONT=Times New Roman][FONT=Comic Sans MS]Because of so many mixed opinions out there I use this verbiage below if I do not visually observe any defects within the panel

[/FONT]Noted: At time of the inspection a Zinsco and Zinsco-Sylvania panel(s) was installed at this residence. While at one time, they were extremely popular and were installed in many regions throughout the country many experts now consider Zinsco and Zinsco-Sylvania panels obsolete by today’s standards and that some are known to have a higher than average rate of failure which can create a hazardous condition. Even though at time of the inspection this inspector did not observe any visual defects within the panel(s), there are mixed opinions from licensed electricians as to the integrity and performance of Zinsco and Zinsco-Sylvania panels. Our recommendations are for reasons of safety and peace of mind that a reputable qualified electrical contractor that is experienced with the potential hazards and dangers of Zinsco and Zinsco-Sylvania panels to perform a thorough evaluation of the electrical panel(s) and if needed any estimate cost of repairs or recommended upgrades before contingency period ends.[/FONT]

If I do observe defects within the panel I call out the defects and recommend having the panel(s) further evaluated, corrective repair and any upgrades needed by a reputable qualified electrical contractor.

This is strange, when I observe my comment above in Firefox, my complete comment is in Comic Sans MS, but when I view the same comment from Internet Explorer it is a mixer of different fonts and it seems I cannot correct it…. STRANGE