What is this??????

How many HI’S have to deal with this and what needs to be accomplished to resolve this issue???

It appears to me to be the inside of a trunk line. R&R required:)

John how about the end of a trunk line.

</IMG>

The last time I saw someplace like that was at a party in the 60s.

The above Pic’s were from Friday’s inspect had a slab floor with embedded A/C ducts. There were two boots on one side and one on the opposite side of the home that had freestanding water visible. Big Bucks to correct the problem.

That’s why I always hated installing sub-slab ductwork. Galvinized sheetmatal ductwork (Rect.or Rd.) always had moisture, either from seepage or condensation.
When we finally started using the coated Son-Air spiral ductwork, it helped but still no guarantee. Its been 20+ yrs. since I dealt with materials, design, etc. I assume material “type” selection has improved, and sub-slab installations has decreased.
Looks like it’s too late to salvage to existing ductwork in the pictures. I’m not sure what you can do to improve the airway conditions shown, but I’d be interested to hear some ideas from the Gang.

Greg this a quite a common occurrence in my area and I don’t miss them to much liability. I have been involved in numerous real estate transactions as an inspector with this same problem. You just cannot sell a home with water in the ducts here to many mold and health issues.

Every time I have discovered water in the ducts the seller has had to foot the expense for an upflow furnace to the attic or an attic install with the duct in the ceiling. The plenum and all register openings are sealed with concrete.