Acceptable?

Hvac wires under compression clamps. No shut off since the main panel was right next to it. Yes or no?

Obviously wire nuts were not a good idea…:stuck_out_tongue:

Different unit

I say yes buttttt I don’t like it is not clean there is a better way.

I know yes or no???:D:D:D

See or Sea what ya miss if you don’t take the cover off a electric furnace;-):wink:

Sei Senior!

These were in a quad plex so they all were nasty dirty!

This is actually an electrical question :smiley: Perfectly acceptable even when applied to “HVAC electronics.” :wink:

Judging from the tape job I would suspect that there are split bolt connectors making the connections. They would be fine as long as the conductors are within the listed size range for the split bolt. Also the disconnecting means is required to be within sight of the equipment. The NEC defines that as within 50’, so a circuit breaker within a panel can serve as the disconnect.

Sucked you in over to the hvac side. Ha Ha :smiley:

LOL! Kind of slow over on the electrical side. :cool:

Is it not ironic
that the Cable Requirement “to the Unit”
is always greater
than the Cable Requirement “within the Unit”

Why is that?

Because on a electric furnace once inside the cabinet the circuits are broken down or reduced if you would to the single strips which in most cases on average are 20 amps each but there may be 5 strips 5X20=100 amps which is a fair size load for a residential appliance so # 12 with ground is not going to cut the mustard

Wires in the air can carry more current then incased wire do to the cooling effect … Roy

So why would the manufacturer
require a 30 to 50 amp circuit supply
when the Internal wiring
only accomodates (by design)
20 amp
?

Isolation required within / adjacent to the unit unless the disconnect
is within view of the unit\