Age of air conditioners

I just found a web page with some good information on determining the age of air conditioning equipment. The web page is http://hisearch.web.officelive.com/hvac.aspx.

Hope this helps some of you too.

Just went back to the site and found they also have a page on water heaters.

Thanks Robert

Thanks for this. I’m a real estate agent and my clients always seem to ask me “how old are the AC units on the home?” This will come in handy prior to placing purchase offers on foreclosures where the information isn’t readily available from the seller.

A central air conditioner is more than just the largest appliance in a home it is part of a carefully designed system that also incorporates a thermostat and an array of ducts that deliver and circulate cooled air throughout the structure. In most cases, a central air conditioning system is a more energy efficient choice for regularly cooling a home than using room air conditioners in three or four different rooms.
However, there is no getting around the fact that a central air conditioner can be fairly expensive to purchase and that it must be installed by a qualified heating and cooling contractor. If your home does not have central air-conditioning but does have a network of ducts for a forced-air furnace you likely can use the same ducts for cooling, as long as they are the proper size and free of leaks and obstructions. On the other hand, if your home is heated by a boiler or electric baseboard units, you will need to add a duct system, which can be both difficult and expensive especially in a multilevel home, where you might have to sacrifice closet space or build chases along walls or in corners to hold the ducts.
To get more information, click here,
air conditioning