age help

Need age for Perless gas steam boiler Ser# 61-5951
Model# G-661-W-S.

Thanks for any help

Peerless went downtown around 1968. All of the numbers I have are from units in Texas, Louisiana, Michigan, Ohio, and Pennsylvania, and indicate that your unit is a nice old one manufactured in 1961.

I agree with Russel, 1961

As always, thanks for your help.

Prior to 1984 a date code was not included in the serial number. Starting in 1984, there was a 4 digit date code following the serial number that was month and year. Starting in 2000 there was a 6 digit code after the serial number that was month and 4 digit year (ex: 012009 + Jan, 2009). Any unit without an addition to the serial number requires contact with the factory. :slight_smile:

I have many prior to 1984 that have date codes included in the serial numbers, verified with the manufacturer. I’ve been collecting date codes on heating and cooling equipment, and water heaters, since 1978.

Hey Russel-

The info I posted was from the manufacturer - Go figure!!! :slight_smile:

Hey, Bill.

Understandable. That’s the case with many manufacturers of many products in many industries. That was one of the reasons why I started collecting such information.

In many cases, it’s a situation of a young person being given standard text to memorize and recite when certain questions come in.

If we could convince our society to take advantage of the knowledge and experience of our elderly, like so many other cultures do, instead of shuttling them off into retirement homes, we’d be a much better society.

If one doesn’t study history, one is bound to repeat it.

Come Play in the Rain! Leave the umbrellas at home because you won’t get wet and, contrary to what your mother said, you won’t catch a cold from Playing in the Rain.

[quote=“rray, post:8, topic:35265”]

If we could convince our society to take advantage of the knowledge and experience of our elderly, like so many other cultures do, instead of shuttling them off into retirement homes, we’d be a much better society.

As I creep up on my 61st birthday I find myself in complete agreement with you LOL :smiley: