Go Back   InterNACHI Inspection Forum > Specific Inspection Topics > Inspecting HVAC Systems

Notices

Inspecting HVAC Systems Topics include heating, venting, and air conditioning inspections.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12/12/10, 11:45 AM
InterNACHI Member

Default Age of Red T Coil Furnace

I inspected a condo yesterday and it had a Red T Coil furnace. Model number RTVX-316-30.8KW and Ser # 2180892. The unit was built in 1991 according to the property appraiser's web site. I think the furnace is original but would like to confirm it. Anyone know how to determine that from the serial number on these units?

Robert Sole, CMI

407-637-7288

Florida license numbers HI 169 and MRSA 92

Serving the Orlando Florida area including Orange, Seminole, Northern Osceola and Southwestern Volusia Counties.

RobertSole@REMinspections.com

Check out my blog orlandohomeinspections.info/
REMinspections.com
OrlandoHomeInspector.net
OviedoHomeInspector.net
Need a home inspection in Louisiana? Check out InterNACHI's listing of Louisiana certified home inspectors. Or, find a home inspector anywhere in the world with our inspection search engine.
Old 12/12/10, 6:09 PM
InterNACHI Member

Default Re: Age of Red T Coil Furnace

looks like 92 to me.
Old 11/17/11, 9:41 AM
New User

Please Note: Randy Boyd is a non-member guest and is in no way affiliated with InterNACHI or its members.
Default Re: Age of Red T Coil Furnace

That serial shows Aug 1992...