Anything wrong here??

Observations please…

Yes, no kick-out flashing. :wink:

Anything else. I was focusing on the venting of the hvac and water heater.

and oddly enough, all the areas where kick out flashing should be the masonite had been replaced with hardie board.

Please note my use of a smiley.

I had one similar to that a couple years ago.

I looked up the venting requirement of the appliance for my answer.

The book says 2 ft minimum above the roof within 8 ft along side of a wall. Just wanted ot double check.

Aren’t those chimney stacks too close to each other?

And what was the answer Mike?:slight_smile:

They were actually a little farther apart then the photo looks. I would say arounfd 18 inches. . Which brings up the next great question. Is there a requirement for spacing?

What book?

That may not be true for natural gas.

The one I had was for a gas fireplace and was not installed per the mfg. venting instructions.

I reported it as such.

Gas appliance venting- termination

IRC- 2427.6.3

That’s good if all else fails but the manufactures instructions rule as they had to have their product and instructions verified.

I saw that also Sean. That is correct. :slight_smile:

I believe they have to be at least 6" apart.

That is the one i would go with, Sean . ( some may Know better but 23 years as a gas fitter i prefer yours .) i would not want to not mention and read about a down draft causing a family to die.

True.

Must be 2 feet from the wall then.

For that particular model…

Both the water heater and the furnace were put in 1993. I doubt they had the book, and the furnace was a heil. The WH a bradford white.

SO lets see if the magic of the internet will find some results.

Excuse my ignorance,and allow me to embarrass my self,I thought the termination had to be 2 feet above within 10 feet,am I missing something,does the rule change when their is a wall within 10 feet,thanks.

It’s a good rule but here is an example from a Heatilator install manual.

So when your rule doesn’t fit you may have to refer to the manufacturers instructions or any superseding local code requirements.