Ever seen one of these?

This has got to be at least 30 years old and in perfect working order. Any ideas on the brand? Mor-Sun. Built like a tank and can’t find anything on the net about them or there history.

1316 F Ave NW Cedar Rapids 032.JPG

1316 F Ave NW Cedar Rapids 032.JPG

1316 F Ave NW Cedar Rapids 033.JPG

Thet were being advertised in 1950…

See page 124 bottom right:

1 Like

PS:

How do you know it was in perfect working order?

2 Likes

The list would be long. I appreciate the advertisement. Could you share how you cam across it? I Googled it and got nothing…forget it I see you googled it under google books.

Thanks.

Being old and pressed steel could create potential problems with even the pristine lookers.

You bet! The furnace was funtioning properly at the time of the inspection and the buyer was advised to have bi-annual inspections by their local HVAC professional and budget for future replacement.:wink:

If it aint broke, don’t fix it.

I know the name…But we are not related :wink:

1 Like

Stumbling on to this long dormant thread. Not an inspector (and apologies for crashing the forum) - but am the grandson of one of the founders of Mor-Sun. My father worked there as a teenager. They sold the business in the late 50s-early 60s.
Morrison Steel out of Buffalo made Mor-Sun furnaces, Roly-Door steel garage doors and their original product - utility truck bodies. I saw Danzer-Morrison truck bodies in the early 2000s before the Danzer plant in Hagerstown MD was shuttered and moved to Ohio (and then that company went bankrupt).
If anyone ever comes across badges or the like that would otherwise be trashed - please reach out. Trying to recreate a bit of lost family history.

4 Likes