Goodman Furnace

I can not find the date of MFR in my books. GMP-125-4, Serial # 0101614835. Looks newer that 1993.

Thanks!

[size=2]January 2001 [/size]

[size=3][size=2]First two digits of the serial number are the year. Second two are the month of manufacture. Goodman started in 1975 [/size]

I already had this information concerning Goodman furnace age.

Here is a great site to get information about HVAC equipment age. [/size]

Agree…

**Goodman – How to determine the age or manufacture date **

Every effort is undertaken to offer you correct and concise information to assist you in determining the age or manufacture date of HVAC equipment. Anytime anyone is dealing with numbers and letters in determining data, mistakes and misinterpretation are bound to happen. For this reason if you find during your research that we may have erred please contact us. In addition perhaps you have come across a brand, model or serial number format that we have not addressed. Email us information or pictures of data/nomenclature plates of the unit and we will attempt to assist you in your determinations. Email

*This page was last updated: 24 July 2009 *

**Goodman **
Serial Number format: 9709088872
(This serial number was transcribed from an actual unit during a furnace repair).

Using the first, second, third and fourth digits of the serial number 9709088872 you will find the year and month of manufacture. The first and second digits are the year and the fourth and fifth digits are the month of manufacture. This unit was manufactured in September, 1997.

Year of manufacture: 9709088872
Month of manufacture: 9709088872

Yup 2001

Thanks! I did not use the online site. Will from now on! Again thanks!

Buck -

Are you using PrestonGuide OR the Carrier Bluebook??

My reason for asking is my Carrier Bluebook calls a Goodman GMP-125-4 a 1993, BUT my Info book on HVAC S/N’s from C&D state that a S/N starting in 01 on a Goodman furnace is mfg in 2001.

Are you SURE of the Model # AND thats why we try and have several reference books at hand.

DL

Dan,

I use the Preston’s, Carrier and Dunlop. Preston’s said 1993. The furnace is newer than, 1993.

Thanks!

1993 was probably the date the GMP-125-4 hit the market, but that specific unit was manufactured in January 2001.

It’s like having a Ford Mustang. They started in 1964, but I have a 2007.

Thanks!

2001 is correct.