Heat lamp in bath

Inspected a home with no “permanent” heat source in one of the bathrooms - except for a ceiling mounted heat lamp. I would consider the heat lamp a temporary heat source. Thoughts?

If it’s a built-in fixture, it’s permanent. “Temporary” heat sources are generally “portable” type heaters with a cord & plug.

I guess that makes sense. Doesn’t mean I have to like it though. :ack:

A building inspector here in Nevada told me that to be habitable the heat source has to maintain 70 degrees 3’ off the floor.

Thing is with older “pot” lights and heat lamps…they were put in before higher levels of insulation were needed…they are not approved to have insulation installed over them. Could be a fire hazard. Do you check this item?

Was the system up flow or down. Just wanted to mention on a downflow most bathrooms have a toe board under the Lav. Just in case you overlooked

There was no access to the attic area above. I probably would have reported on that if I could have seen it.

Was a hot water radiator system. Definitely no other heat source in there.

I did almost miss one of those toe board sources on one of my inspections. I look for them now. I always double check myself, by going back to each room once I’ve got the heat going to confirm the heat source.