HELP with National US Radiator Boiler Age

All I have is a model # 4-19A/0/0P

Any help would be appreciated. It is disclosed as 15 years old, but unless it has had extreme neglect, it looks older than that to me.

Thanks,

Now that I can upload, here are some pictures.

IMG.jpg

IMG_7122.JPG

Hi to all,

Scott I cannot give you the year of manufacture, but I do have a reference to that model number in a book of manufacturers models current between 1959 and 1972, by the look of the thing I would guess it to be late 60’s or early 70’s, I very much doubt that it is 15 years old it does look to have a more recent burner on it though.

(added correction), National US was bought by Crane back in 1960, Crane stopped making HVAC equipment in 1968 after selling their furnace technology to Amana. I would guess that that places it before 1968.

What was the age of the home?

Regards

Gerry

For future reference:
http://www.heatinghelp.com/library.cfm#American%20Standard%20Heating%20Products

Thanks Gerry,

By the looks of it I had a gut feeling it was more than 15 years old.

The house is 100+ years, crawl spaces galore as well.

Thanks.

Thanks Larry, I actually hit that page but I guess I got lost because I couldn’t find what I was looking for.

:frowning:

I have a question about the same brand fuel boiler, National US Radiator. My dad has a 27 series All Fuel Boiler Model No. 6-27 and it has a problem with the circulator piping. The circulator motor is leaking water. The leaks is coming out of the oil fitting (that small capped fitting where you put the lubricating fluid) right at top of gear box.

I want to know what it is that I can do to fix it! Do I change a gasket or something?