One heat pump system ten A-Coils

Almost, two coils with one TXV each but each coil had 5 little A-shaped coils each for a total of 10 freaked me out when I pulled that second cover and saw the second coil I have never ran across a Rheem system like this one. Very interesting inspection today one never gets to old to learn something new

Did they ever install a filter?! :slight_smile:

What was the reason for that Charlie?

Nope a renter in the home that did not know what a filter looked like:roll:

Well a simple explanition would be like a glass of crushed ice VS cubed ice, more total surface area for the air flow to transfer heat to the freon. I would have like to have operated the system but it was a POS and nothing operated. Condenser fan was out, the contactor was screaming the renter had been running a water hose over the compressor and the condenser trying to cool the home. The compressor had a nice build up of calcium from a water hose and the hot compressor a total mess.

I did not recommend further evalution by a contractor. My statement will be repair/replace as necessary:D:D

Yep, my exact words for the siding in the ground. Along with a few other words. :);):smiley:

The siding was the least of the problems on this one I have 1- 1/2 legal pages of notes;-)

I dunno… seems like you’re going out on a limb there Charley… taking a big risk and all… a contractor might discover something you missed like deteriorated insulation on the refrigerant line. Better hope certain committee members and insurance companies don’t read this thread. :twisted: :smiley: