$375,000.00 awarded in MOLD suit.

3 AWARDED $375,000 IN LAWSUIT OVER MOLD

The Sun - Baltimore, Md.

A Circuit Court jury awarded $375,000 yesterday to three city residents who had sued the owner, alleging that mold in their building created an unsafe living/working environment, according to court documents and their attorney.

The lawsuit, filed in February 2005, said that the units had water leaks, standing water and mold since the late 1990s. The suit sought $3.2 million for residents Louise Bills, Mary Roy and Johnnie Pratt.

Scott E. Nevin, an attorney who represents the plaintiffs, said problems with water leaks and mold were documented as early as 1998.

Nevin said that inspections by a private contracting company in 2003, 2004 and 2005 found “standing water and mold growth” that he said went untreated. Nevin said that in 2003, inspectors found the roof leaking in 14 places and 25 air-conditioning units not working.

Something is not quite right about this story .

(One ) the headlines that say yesterday it is from Thursday Sept 28th.
Mold Victims Victorious Thursday, 28 September 2006 3 awarded $375,000 in lawsuit over mold
The lawsuit, filed in February 2005, said that the apartments in a converted schoolhouse in the East Baltimore-Midway neighborhood had water leaks, standing water and mold since the late 1990s. The suit sought $3.2 million for residents Louise Bills, Mary Roy and Johnnie Pratt.
( two ) I can only fine reprints of this story not the original print .
( Three ) they said it was being appealed and I can not find the appeal
( Four ) I find it strange this story was not printed in any other paper but this one.
I think that a story as big as this would make more then one Paper.

I would love to have the rest of the story.

Roy Cooke

Just because it says yesterday, doesn’t mean it was printed today. Nick might have only just found it today through research or something and posted it because he found it of interest. That’s just good common sense Roy.

Thanks, good common sense also tells me that a story as important as this should be in more then one news paper.
Also the only records of this are reprints picked up from those who are interested in mold ( mould ) .
Now they would not have an Axe to grind would they.

Roy Cooke