Draw inspections

What is the busiest draw inspection company in your area? NLI is pretty busy here…

Dick

Don’t be a Dick!!!:stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

Ha Ha!!
Don’t be a Linas I. Dapkus !!!:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Who is NLI?

Nationwide Loan Inspectors.
http://nationwideloaninspections.com/

Dick

Most all my draw work is from nation wide.

I work directly with the banks. As for national draw inspection companies,in my area, I would say DDN and Nationwide are the big ones.

Bobby

DDN and Granite are very busy in my area. Unfortunately, I have to decline 75% of their requests, but they keep on sending them. . .

If you work directly with the banks or mortgage companies you get paid $150.00, $175.00 or $200.00 dollars {Depends on the company and the mileage involved.}

If you work for the “Draw Companies” you get paid a whopping $25.00 to $30.00 dollars.

As you surmise when contacted by the “Draw Company’s” I always turn them down!

I had one “request” to drive 247 miles for a $25.00 dollar inspection… When I broke out laughing the young lady on the other end of the phone was actually offended!:roll:

My advice is… go to your local banks / mortgage companies and “Market Yourself”

Not everybody has a thriving HI business and some of us have full time jobs in other professions. If I was full time in the HI field and someone wanted me to take an hour of my time to do something for 20-30 dollars then it would not make sense. If on the other hand my Draw inspection route was between my home and my main job and I did an inspection or two on the way to and from work and maybe one at lunch time then I would be stupid to turn down 45-50 dollars each for a 15 min drive by. I did two inspections yesterday, one on the way to work and one on the way home. 90 dollars for 40 pics and maybe 15 mins on-line. Going direct with the bank has it’s $ advantage but with the national companies you can take vacation and somebody will cover your area. If you go direct then you need to find a buddy that you can trust to cover your butt. I just checked my records and I have done 204 inspections since Jan 16th. I have seen the good, the bad and the ugly. I have seen a lot of new areas of my county and met a lot of interesting people and seen some new tech. One home I inspected Saturday has a 2 story racket ball court in the basement and will have 6 Geothermal heat pump HVAC systems.
I like doing draws.

Dick

Frank,
You don;t have any sample marketing material I could take a look at that you leave with the banks and morgage companies do you. I have no idea what to say nor leave for them… thanks alot

Is there a course I havent found for 4 point inspections, or is it just a simpled normal inspection?

I just received 13 “status” draw inspections to work on. I do these every quarter.

You are lucky to have been in already , as construction is down.

Why, do you need some? You can do the ones that keep being sent to me. My take is $25 and you get $25 it’s a win win.

Go for it Bob!!

Hi everyone! I’m about ready to take the state exam here in Texas to get my license. In the meantime, I’d like to sign up to do draw inspections to help get me started. Does anyone have any advice as to how to get started with banks and lending institutions?

I appreciate any advice I can get. Thank you!

John Black