Get Mold Certified

Although the issue of whether exposure to indoor fungi causes adverse health effects is controversial, there is no doubt that a seriously mold-contaminated building can suffer structural damage, and that a foul-smelling, fungus-filled building is aesthetically unpleasing. Controversies about health effects aside, the latter two concerns are sufficient to merit a complete mold inspection and remediation when an environment is found to have fungal contamination.

People who have concerns about structural damage or the aesthetic effects of indoor fungi should seek the services from a certified mold inspector. People who have concerns about health effects of mold exposure should seek the counsel of a health care professional.

What Standards of Practice by which an Industrial Hygenist abides requires the inspection of the roof’s condition?

People who have concerns about structural damage or the aesthetic effects of indoor fungi should seek the services from a certified mold inspector.

I am curious how you feel about the various standards concerning roofs approved by ANSI (American National Standards Institute). Such as the ANSI approved standards for retrofit roof drains, coping wind design guide, roof edge standard, roof hatches, fasteners, etc.
If you and / or our court system accept ANSI approved standards as nationally accepted industry standards how can someone recommend a “certified mold inspector” when the ANSI approved Standard 1100 does not recognize the designation “certified mold inspector”.
http://www.naplesmoldinspection.com/id47.html
Just a little food for thought, to start the week.
It’s 8 am, my guys are here time to hit the road, have fun

“if… court system accept ANSI approved standards”

If the sun turns black, what will we do… ? :mrgreen:

We will have to wait and see which comes first.

There are those that care about doing things by the book and those that don’t. When regulations and standards change we either change with them and do what is written professional, or we take the chance and hope we don’t get called on it. (Of course I am talking about professionals in the industry as a whole - remediators and inspectors.) I’ve chosen the “by the book” approach; because, I like the security of not having to worry about it.

Doesn’t mean you can’t do a good job, but without a regulation to supercede that standard, it remains our legally-binding document - like it or not.