Info please

From experienced and / or current mold inspectors / testers.

Looking to expand my hi business into the mold inspection / testing industry.

Can anyone give me info or recommendations on equipment I should carry, what kind of costs I would incur, labs that I should use, ball park for fees for inspections / tests and anything else I should know that I have not mentioned.

Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Mold school classes

Hey Murray How is it going?

That would be obvious.

I would like suggestions and info about pumps, how many pumps, tools, meters, recommended air sampler cartridges, labs, costs, ball park fees I should charge, etc.

Don’t worry about pumps, tools, fee’s etc until you learn about mold.
Are you planning on being a hack or offering real mold services.

Florida will soon be requiring 4 years experience for most, thats about right in my view. We have hired 2 CIE’s in the last couple years and it takes months just to teach them how to write good reports. Don’t call it mold services if you’re just collecting air samples.
Cons or mold professionals simple choice.

Don’t be offended, take the mold training, then ask the questions. Sadly most just become hacks. :slight_smile:

Don’t worry about pumps, tools, fee’s etc until you learn about mold.
Are you planning on being a hack or offering real mold services.

Florida will soon be requiring 4 years experience for most, thats about right in my view. We have hired 2 CIE’s in the last couple years and it takes months just to teach them how to write good reports. Don’t call it mold services if you’re just collecting air samples.
Cons or mold professionals simple choice.

Don’t be offended, take the mold training, then ask the questions. Sadly most just become hacks. :slight_smile:

Take the training and then determine if mold is right for you. It is different then home inspection.

Feel free to ask any questions after the classes are completed. There is just too much stuff to cover.

Doug is right about learning and about FL. There will soon be a TON of requirements, if I see any type of “organic” substance, I note it, make recommendation and give a referral to a good inexpensive mold guy. Besides I do not want any potential liability for mold errors.