Washer Dorr Seal Mold

This morning while having coffee and catching up on the morning news there was a news segment on problems with front loading washers where mold develops within the rubber door seal. So I check my front loaded washer. Open the door no visible mold. But when I rolled back the seal WOW, slimy green and black fungal growth was caked inside the length of the inner seal. The fix based on the news segment was to keep the door open after use to let the seal dry out. Yea right! New washers coming out will have one piece door seal that has anti-fungal properties to eliminate the growth.

So now I have a weekend to do. Check yours you might too.

I thought this was interesting and want to pass on the information. I will now include this as part of my Mold Inspections.

This has been going on for a few years. I seem to remember one manufacturer even did a voluntery recall to replace the seal, but don’t quote me on that. It was a couple of years ago. Check for info online. It is widely discussed. Where you been? :slight_smile:

I never close the door tight on mine and will check for mold tonight when I get home
I will let you know if there is any mold there
Ken

leave it open and dont close it when wet, problem solved.

No mold if you leave it open. I always leave mine open with no mold on seal. Checked to be sure.
Ken