Thanks to NACHI Members

Our first course went off without a hitch- I promised to keep fees down and everyone in attendance was very pleased about that. Our prices, like everything else in life will go up, but we will hold the line on prices through the March program in Bohemia, NY.

There are only several school active with approved courses in NY and they are charging considerably high prices. I think to exploit a situation is unfair. That is why I am holding prices down as a benefit to those who still need courses at a fair price.

Happy New Year!

!!!

!!! spama.gif

:frowning: Mr. Merrell

Have you no shame.

Misleading NACHI members to think thay you are a “Licensed Home Inspection School” using a web site www.licensedhomeinspectionschool.com

Shame on you!

Joe Mahr

And all this time I had thought Merrill Institute was a NY State approved school.

I guess not…
http://www.dos.state.ny.us/lcns/homeinsp-qualschools.htm

Bill,

You’ve got some running around to do.

This Is Bills school as listed on the NY DOS site:

APPRAISAL EDUCATION NETWORK SCHOOL
1461-16 LAKELAND AVE.
BOHEMIA, NY 11716
Phone: (631) 563-7720

Regards

Gerry

Yes, Dave, Bill’s school is # 2 on the link that you posted.

Joe

My bad…Sorry Bill.

All of the preceeding does beg the question as to why Mr Mahr, posted what he should know to be false?

Mr Mahr, appears to believe that he has the only licensed home inspection school in New York according to his website:

Is it just me or is there a funny smell around this thread?

Regards

Gerry

http://www.merrellinstitute.com/prices.html

These are the programs in NY State and the pricing as reported on the individual web sites- I normally would not list it, but to show proof that I am an approved entity.

I can’t believe this is the 3rd round of false statements regarding my approvals on this message board (actually the last 2 were just before the change over!)

The courses are listed legally under one of our approved firm names:
Appraisal Education Network School
1461 Lakeland Avenue
Bohemia, NY 11716
631-563-7720 631-563-7719(Fax)

Nose1.jpg

Mr. Mahr:

Which school on this list is yours?

ADVANCED TRAINING INSTITUTE
15 McGOVERN DRIVE
GARNERVILLE, NY 10923
(800) 942-0818

AMERICAN HOME INSPECTORS TRAINING INSTITUTE
ONE DEVELOPMENT COURT
KINGSTON, NY 12401
(800) 441-9411

APPRAISAL EDUCATION NETWORK SCHOOL
1461-16 LAKELAND AVE.
BOHEMIA, NY 11716
Phone: (631) 563-7720

Eastern Suffolk BOCES
375 Locust Ave
Oakdale, NY 11769
(631) 286-6773

Greater Syracuse Association of Realtors
1020 7th North St Ste 140
Liverpool, NY 13088
(315) 457-5979

INSPECTION TRAINING ASSOCIATES
1016 S TREMONT ST
OCEANSIDE, CA 92054
(800) 694-7369

Knowledge Network Inc.
1510 Central Avenue
Albany, NY 12205
(518) 452-2675

Real Estate Education Center
407 Avenue P
Brooklyn, NY 11223
(718) 339-7845

New York Real Estate Institute
132 West 36th St 2nd Flr
New York, NY 10018
(212) 967-7508

WESTERN NY SCHOOL OF REAL ESTATE
P.O. BOX 702
EAST AMHERST, NY 14051
716-633-9009

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I don’t think he answers rhetorical questions, Joe.

How about a direct quote?

Mr. Mahr posted this previously…

*"Nick:

As a paid up member of NACHI I would like to have American Building Inspection and Training Co., Inc. listed under the education tab of NACHI.
My training school is the only Licensed Training School approved by the New York State Department of Education. I would very much like the same coverage provided to other schools by NACHI.

Joe Mahr"*

And This:

"ABITCO is American Building Inspection and Training Co., Inc. This company has been in the Home Inspection Business for 21 years and has been providing Home Inspector Training since 1995. They have a license to teach Home Inspectors issued by The State University of New York, Bureau of Propritary School Supervision. Check out their web site at **www.abitcoinc.com.](http://www.abitcoinc.com./)* or contact the DOE web site for confirmation."*

Unfortunately for Mr. Mahr, the DOE is not the school licensing authority in NY State for Home Inspector Licensing Training. The Department of State is.

Easy big Bill, easy… take some deep breaths. :smiley: Don’t get rattled. :wink:

Anyway… thank you for all the work you do for NACHI. See you at the convention Bill!

No problem here Nick! I know I am approved in NY, and Mr. Mahr knows and New York State lists me as an approved provider and I am an approved instructor, with 4 additional approved instructors.

The only one hurt by all of this are those who may receive misinformation. Always verify the approval status of a school by calling 518-474-4429 or going to their web site, which is listed on this thread multiple times!

See you all at the conference in 2 weeks!

One-Post Mahr?

A false hit and run…speaks volumes.

Bill, Bill, Bill, do you think they will ever stop doubting you ? :roll:

Mickey,

The ones that have taken classes here love us, the ones that don’t like the competition, seem to keep attempting to throw rocks our way.

Bottom line- My program is approved and is the 3rd school to receive approval in NY State for Licensing, through the NYS, Dept. of State, Division of Licensing Services- Which is part of the NYS, Secretary of State’s Division. Next they will suggest that we don’t have a building on Long Island, nor a computer center, multiple classrooms, and a vast network of web sites. Actually the web sites will not be contested, since the entire mud slinging is due to the fact that I may own a web site, (haven’t even advertised that one yet) that a detractor wanted to buy.

The early bird catches the worm.

Thanks for all the support! Also thank you for all the private messages and supportive e-mails. Special thanks for those who called me to let me know that these false statements were flying around. Not fair, and a fellow NACHI members shouldn’t post false accusations.