Gas stub in laundry room

I am doing an inspection and there is a gas line stub behind a paneled wall. This stub is only visible through a 1" hole i found in the wall behind an electrical plate screwed to the wall. Is this O.K. or is complete accessibility and/or a valve required here?

I can’t see any issues with it, it’s probably for hook up if you have a gas dryer. A valve would be required if it was in fact connected to a dryer…

If only visible through a 1" hole, how could you tell if it was a gas stub line?
Gas lines should not be terminated in walls without access or valves and identified as such.
Pictures would help. :slight_smile:

Agree with Marcel. Typically, a gas pipe would be stubbed out past the wall surface with a shut off valve and a cap/plug on the end of the pipe/valve…where it could be accessed for use. And, pictures would help.

Agree.

what Marcel and Larry said…

It’s funny how a post can sit idly for hours with no responses, because no one dare to answer in case they make a f up, then bang, someone replies and everyone’s got an opinion.

also some people actually have to work and can’t reply in the middle of the day…:roll:

;):slight_smile:

That’s true, hope you had a good inspection. I started at 8, report delivered at 2…

None of the many that responded, that I know, would be afraid to make a mistake…:slight_smile:

I agree with Mike

Who’s Mike?

There’s only one Mike…

I don’t see a Mike in the above posts. :slight_smile:

He need not post to remain a legend…

Oh!!! that Mike. Well now I would not want to detrack you from your beliefs. :wink:

Meeker doesn’t come to the Plumbing section anymore after his TPRV fiasco! :stuck_out_tongue:

No, all though he may have legendary status, I was thinking of someone else…

How do you know it was gas?