Poly question

This is what I saw…

In the close up pic. you see arrows going up and down. Does this mean these lines are closed? How do you turn them or get flow to the fixtures? I turned the main at the meter but had no flow anywhere. Then I looked close at the manifold and saw the arrows. How does it work?

Copy of 100.jpg

100_9461 (Small).JPG

http://www.vanguardpipe.com/pdfs/ManablocInstallInst.pdf

If it is off I leave it off .
Its not my job to turn it on.
Twice this year this has saved my a$$ .
One the water pump was turn off ,
Agent said it is OK to turn on the pump .
I said my SOP says I can not do it the agent turned on the water
WOW! BIG FLOOD .
Another two pipes to send floor turned of .
Client wanted them turned on sorry I can not do it .
Agent said go ahead sorry .
Client could not turn the taps on .
Agent asked if I had a wrench yes went and got it gave it to the agent he gave it to the client .
Now water to the upstairs.
I asked the client and the agent is the water turned of . OH!YES.
Next day Agent calls me the purchaser has been called by selling agent .
The story is I lived the next street to the sold home went and shut the water off .
The lovely lady who lived there said the basement has water all over it .
I said and who did they all blame she said the Home Inspector But I new different you kept saying you could not turn it on .
It’s off I leave it off.

Roy Cooke

If I had an agent insist on turning something on that was shut off, or had the client do something like that, and they refused to listen to the reasons why we should leave off what is turned off by the owners; I think I’d take a picture of them turning the water/gas/appliance/whatever on.

A “T” handled key is supplied with the system to turn on the valves.
But, as others have stated , it’s not such a great idea to turn them off or on.Too much potential risk of liability.

A “t” handle. Thats what I was wondering… So they used a pex manifold with poly pipes.